Cost of cocktails?

ciship

Researching the Cheers program, but I can't find much info on how much drinks cost on board? Margarita's, Vodka Tonics, Beers, Shots, etc..Trying to determine whether the program is worth it or not?

Your best bang for the buck is at the Alchemy Bar, which charges 10.95 for most drinks unless they use an upgraded ingredient such as Roca Patron tequila. Grey Goose VX vodka is also an upgraded liquor that makes Cheers worth it.

All non alcoholic beverages are unlimited and included. Bottled water, espresso based hot/cold coffees, honest T iced tea, coconut water, vitamin water, rockstar energy drinks, soda, juice, and milkshakes.

Your best bang for the buck is at the Alchemy Bar, which charges 10.95 for most drinks unless they use an upgraded ingredient such as Roca Patron tequila. Grey Goose VX vodka is also an upgraded liquor that makes Cheers worth it.

All non alcoholic beverages are unlimited and included. Bottled water, espresso based hot/cold coffees, honest T iced tea, coconut water, vitamin water, rockstar energy drinks, soda, juice, and milkshakes.

When I think of Alchemy, the last thing I think of is best bang for your buck. You're going to be paying some good money to go there. It is a great way to justify an expensive alcohol package and try a bunch of drinks you probably wouldn't normally try.

But if you're going to be buying vodka tonics, beers, shots, etc, it would be worth looking at the math. About 9 vodka tonics or beers would pay for 1 day of cheers for 1 person.

Just got off the Vista and beer was about $6.00 or 5.75 for red frog ... My mosCato was $9.25 or 9.75 so I don't exactly remember! Daily cocktails were $8.75 for the daily special otherwise ranged from $9.75 to about $12.00.

When I think of Alchemy, the last thing I think of is best bang for your buck. You're going to be paying some good money to go there. It is a great way to justify an expensive alcohol package and try a bunch of drinks you probably wouldn't normally try.

But if you're going to be buying vodka tonics, beers, shots, etc, it would be worth looking at the math. About 9 vodka tonics or beers would pay for 1 day of cheers for 1 person.

Since the OP wanted information regarding whether or not to buy Cheers, that is one of the reasons why I said it's the best bang for your buck. Because you only need to consume five drinks here to break even. It is also not your run of the mill bar with drinks that you can get anywhere. The mixologists use fresh ingredients and will go off menu to concoct a drink specifically to your likes.

what cruiseline has lower prices for individual drinks?
NCL, RCI and Celebrity are all more expensive than Carnival. MSC is the only cruise line I have been on whose drinks are cheaper. Since I primarily only drink heavily on vacation, drink packages are the way to go, for me. Cheers is a value, to me, especially since I enjoy the Alchemy Bar so much. The only bar I have enjoyed more out of my 31 cruises was the now defunct Molecular Bar on Celebrity.

NCL, RCI and Celebrity are all more expensive than Carnival. MSC is the only cruise line I have been on whose drinks are cheaper. Since I primarily only drink heavily on vacation, drink packages are the way to go, for me. Cheers is a value, to me, especially since I enjoy the Alchemy Bar so much. The only bar I have enjoyed more out of my 31 cruises was the now defunct Molecular Bar on Celebrity.

that was my point

I do agree that Alchemy is not available on all Carnival ships and has limited hours it is open.
It's currently available on 19/26 ships in the fleet and it's usually open between 400 pm-100 am. Beers and frozen drinks are made for poolside or on deck during the day. Nine hours a day is only limited if you're drinking for 20 hours from 700 am when the bars open to 300 am when they close.

I literally just got off Liberty. We are not huge drinkers. I think the most I had was 5 yesterday at sea. I thought the prices were great. Where can you get decent frou frou drinks from the 8.50 to 9.75 at a good beach bar. At Alchemy the drinks started at about 10.00 but they use top shelf vodka, gin, whiskey etc. My favorite drink was made with Belvedere vodka and it was a hefty pour. If you want to save money do shots, 5.75. Still not bad.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

If you want a martini with your scrambled eggs, or a bloody mary before noon, Alchemy isn't any kind of a bang for your buck. Limited ships and limited hours.
Since when is 19/26 ships limited? Havana area is limited, Jiji's Asian Restaurant is limited, Alchemy is not. Bloody Mary's are available at any bar and even the kiosk outside the MDR on Sea day brunches. They don't even make them at Alchemy.

Alchemy is bang for your buck twofold. One, you only need to enjoy five to break even with Cheers and depending upon what you order, they have more alcohol in the drinks than the majority of the drinks at any of the regular bars.

Like I mentioned in my last email, beer and frozen drinks are for daytime drinking. The Alchemy is for happy hour and evening drinking. Many can grasp this concept. You obviously can't.

Since when is 19/26 ships limited? Havana area is limited, Jiji's Asian Restaurant is limited, Alchemy is not. Bloody Mary's are available at any bar and even the kiosk outside the MDR on Sea day brunches. They don't even make them at Alchemy.

Alchemy is bang for your buck twofold. One, you only need to enjoy five to break even with Cheers and depending upon what you order, they have more alcohol in the drinks than the majority of the drinks at any of the regular bars.

Like I mentioned in my last email, beer and frozen drinks are for daytime drinking. The Alchemy is for happy hour and evening drinking. Many can grasp this concept. You obviously can't.

How is it not being on all ships and not being open for half of the day not limited? It's not a personal attack on you, you know.

Besides only on a limited number of ships, with limited hours, Alchemy has a limited drink and wine menu. You just stated that.

How is it not being on all ships and not being open for half of the day not limited? It's not a personal attack on you, you know.
I guess we each have different ideas as to what constitutes limited. Alchemy is available on over 70% of the fleet and it's open from 400-100 for 9 hours, which would be considered prime drinking time. Unless you think they sell more alcohol in the previous 9 hours from 700 am to 400 pm?