Prinsendam - no more in 2020

• 2 months later...
I was wondering why the 14-Day Baltic & Kiel Canal Explorer that had been posted for P-dam out of Amsterdam on September 7, 2019 has now morphed into a 14-Day Baltic Explorer on the Rotterdam. Alas!

Prinsendam stops sailing under the HAL flag July 1, 2019. She is sold now but chartered back to HAL until that date. Anything after that date has been substituted with another ship and amended itinerary in most cases.

I was on the Inaugural sailing of the Prinsendam in 2002, the lovely plate they gave to mark the occasion is hanging on my wall. A beautiful, classy ship that will be missed as HAL keeps bringing out bigger ships. :(

• 2 weeks later...
2020 Prinsendam 80-Day Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage, which we pre-booked while on the 2018 World Cruise, is now going to be on the Volendam as the 77-Day Grand South America & Antarctica Voyage from/to Fort Lauderdale on Janurary 5, 2020.

We will be on the Prisensam transatlantic east bound March 25, 2019 to Lisbon so get at least one trip with her. But we are now down to yanking the trigger for the 77 day on the Volendam and with the gawd awful muck up they have made of their Web site I have just 2 questions. I use a wheelchair full time, haven't run over any toes yet either, but do they have one of the tender elevators on this ship? Yes, I know that the land side also must be somewhat chair friendly. And any previous problems in the accessible Neptune Suite for a fulltime wheelchair user. I seem to remember a desk high enough to use for make up. But I also recall not being able to get around the door into the WC area because of the bathtub. And pictures or memories welcome either here or in the Disabled Travel Area. Bless you all and may the code :evilsmile:devil infect the shorts of the last IT genius who thought up this new design.

Cheers!

I use a wheelchair full time, haven't run over any toes yet either, but do they have one of the tender elevators on this ship?

Neither the Prinsendam nor the Volendam has an elevator that will take you to the tender dock. The Prinsendam has a short inside set of stairs, and the Volendam has a stairway to the tender set up on the outside of the ship.

It's only the Vista ships and newer that have a separate elevator to the tender dock.