How Can I Find A Schedule for Formal Nights on the Website for the QM2?

MalibuCA

This is our first Cunard cruise, but my husband and I are very experienced cruisers, primarily on Crystal. We are taking a transatlantic crossing in Queens Grille, New York to Southampton. On Crystal's website is the PCPC, where passengers can find the exact calendar schedule for Black Tie Optional (aka formal) nights and Crystal Casual (aka informal nights). Is there a way that I can determine the calendar schedule for Gala formal nights and informal nights on Cunard's website for my cruise? I would like to know how many nights will be formal and which nights on the cruise those formal nights will be.

Thank you to all of the experienced Cunard passengers!

Shelley

When are you sailing? It will be on your Voyage Personaliser approximately 4 months before you sail.

Not sure if this link will work, it's for the rest of 2018.

https://docs.google.com/gview?embedded=true&url=https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/QM_2018_dresscode.pdf

As Hattie has posted ,you'll find more information 'nearer the date of your travel', you find this in your voyage personaliser. On a QM2 crossing of seven days you can certainly expect 'Three Formal Evenings' , no less and no more.

On a TransAtlanic There will be three formal nights the first on will be at the end of the second sea day, The next one will be either the next night, or the night after that. The final one will be the night before the final sea day. This gives people a chance to pack and put the bags in the passage ways for collection that evening and delivery early the next morning to the terminal. One is a Black and White Ball, and the others skip my mind. I think that at least one of them isn't named. There is usually some kind of Captains party for some of the passengers on formal nights, Britannia passengers one night, Grills the next before dinner, The Ball itself is after dinner. The rite of getting dressed up is one of the great charms of Cunard.

Shelley,

As you can see from the document Host Hattie posted, the dress code and theme evenings have followed a standard formula this year on all transatlantic crossings. Gala Evenings (Formal) are on nights 2, 4, and 6.

For all eastbound crossings (as yours is), this year the theme on night 2 is "Royal Cunard Ball" and the theme on night 6 is "Roaring Twenties Ball". There is no special theme on night 4.

For all westbound crossings this year, the theme on night 2 is "Black & White Ball" and the theme on night 6 is "Masquerade Ball".

If your crossing is this year, then of course you're all set based on what the document shows. Do keep in mind that the schedule is subject to change once on board although that doesn't happen very often on crossings. And your Voyage Personaliser may have a more up-to-date schedule once it's posted there.

If your crossing is further out than what is shown in the document, then use this as a guide to what the schedule might be for your particular voyage.

Thank you so much for this fabulous information. This is exactly what I was hoping to find. One more question . . . I understand what to expect for a Roaring 20s theme (and I have the perfect black sequin "shimmy dress,") but I don't know what to expect for a Royal Cunard Ball. Is there something in particular that I should include in my suitcase, or is it simply the formal standard of attire? Will a description appear on my Voyage Personaliser beyond just the name of the theme? Our cruise isn't until next June, but with the need for some very dressy clothes, I want to be sure that I bring just the right things. Thanks again for all of your help!

Shelley

Shelley,

No, sorry, there won't be details about suggested attire for the various themes to be found in Voyage Personaliser. Those details are another case of needing to be "in the know" about where to find them. Unfortunately Cunard's US web site is woefully inadequate about providing that level of detail. There is an excellent Cunard FAQ for the UK where one can find such information, but that UK FAQ site is not accessible from the US.

For the topic at hand, here is a link to a pdf document that describes the various Cunard themes for 2018 (starting after the world voyages that include more themes than just these).

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/CU_dress_themes.pdf

Edited by bluemarble

Shelley,

No, sorry, there won't be details about suggested attire for the various themes to be found in Voyage Personaliser. Those details are another case of needing to be "in the know" about where to find them. Unfortunately Cunard's US web site is woefully inadequate about providing that level of detail. There is an excellent Cunard FAQ for the UK where one can find such information, but that UK FAQ site is not accessible from the US.

For the topic at hand, here is a link to a pdf document that describes the various Cunard themes for 2018 (starting after the world voyages that include more themes than just these).

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/CU_dress_themes.pdf

Duh! Of course if one looks at page 2 of this document (which I obviously didn't bother doing before my previous post), one can also see the additional themes planned for the 2019 world voyages.

Thank you for the theme descriptions. I'm not sure that I will have exactly the right thing for every night, but I will be in formal attire, and I'm really looking forward to watching all of the beautiful outfits!

Shelley