Empty water bottle in carryon

ddlb

So if I have a couple empty water bottles in my carryon is that legal? Of course I guess I could just buy a bottle of water on board and save it. I like drinking water out of a bottle so I can cap it. I won't fill at the water dispenser I know that is frowned upon as a way of spreading germs.

So if I have a couple empty water bottles in my carryon is that legal? Of course I guess I could just buy a bottle of water on board and save it. I like drinking water out of a bottle so I can cap it. I won't fill at the water dispenser I know that is frowned upon as a way of spreading germs.

There is no regulation concerning bottles, there is a regulation concerning beverages. Bring as many empty bottles as you want. BTW filling from a dispenser is not frowned upon as long as you follow the proper procedure.

You are now allowed to bring ONE full or partial bottle of water aboard. This is at embarkation and at each port.

You may be able to do this on some lines but not NCL. If you have done it they have just let you get away with it. If your information is old the rule was changed about 15 months ago to eliminate bring beverages on NCL ships.

There is no regulation concerning bottles, there is a regulation concerning beverages. Bring as many empty bottles as you want. BTW filling from a dispenser is not frowned upon as long as you follow the proper procedure.

What is the procedure for filling from the dispenser, please?

Shocked me, but yes you can bring on one bottle of liquid at any port. We did that on a recent NCL cruise and there was a thread about it recently.

Was on the Gem on October. Bottles were being taken away or had to be emptied. My bottle was in my purse so they didn't catch it so I was able to go on.

Empty bottles never a problem bringing on.

You are now allowed to bring ONE full or partial bottle of water aboard. This is at embarkation and at each port.

That would be a total reversal from what was introduced in February 2017. What is the source of your information? Please quote in full or better put a screen shot.

I also had a small empty water bottle taken away from security in Miami before checking in. I was not happy. I have not had any problems taking empty water bottles back on the ship from a port stop. And two cruises last year on the Sky and Sun, my partial water bottle in my day bag was allowed through by the scanners on the ship.

you should be fine. I am like you, I like a capped water container. Of course, as you mentioned you could just buy 1 bottle and use it throughout the cruise. :cool:

I think it's important to make the distinction among which type of bottle we're talking about. Your personal, refillable bottle should pass screening with little to no issues. Empty retail bottle are 100% allowed. Full retail bottles are not allowed in any quantity but if you get one or more through, good for you!

I think it's important to make the distinction among which type of bottle we're talking about. Your personal, refillable bottle should pass screening with little to no issues. Empty retail bottle are 100% allowed. Full retail bottles are not allowed in any quantity but if you get one or more through, good for you!

I would hope so, but posts #18 and #19 upthread say that their empty bottles were confiscated.