Concierge "perks" Missing in Action

Fogfog

Just off the Silhouette---lovely cruise. Had some great service.

Of note... Whats with the Concierge class and the perks ...?

We -- Had to ask for our bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival....

-- Had to ask about pillow options

And --the Concierge bag didn't show up. Room steward said Celebrity was all out of them...

Neighboring cabin asked at Guest Services and was told that the light blue "pelon" bag was the "concierge gift bag"... Ummm no.. the bag from the last cruise was of great quality/zippers shut etc.

Last night of the cruise--a bag shows up for us and friends in the neighboring cabin.

Not nearly as nice as the ones from 2016--this one doesn't zipper shut and is rather flimsy. Plus it has the X logo etc. The 2016 bag was not only nicer, it has no logo so far more useful.

BTW Does anyone know IF Concierge does in fact disembark Before self-carry off?

We could have waited in Tuscan Grill - however got in the line for self-carry off. Didn't think to ask Concierge Desk if as self-carry off was quicker or to wait in Concierge/Tuscan Grill.

Wow, you must have been reading my mind! Just this morning I was thinking of upgrading from Sunset Veranda to CC on an upcoming cruise. I read through the perks and was thinking that there was really nothing at all worth the additional $500. As far as location - we would have only moved up one deck, in an aft cabin directly above the one we already booked. Good to know I didn't miss something. So what IS all the concierge hype about?

And --the Concierge bag didn't show up. Room steward said Celebrity was all out of them...

Neighboring cabin asked at Guest Services and was told that the light blue "pelon" bag was the "concierge gift bag"... Ummm no.. the bag from the last cruise was of great quality/zippers shut etc.

Last night of the cruise--a bag shows up for us and friends in the neighboring cabin.

Not nearly as nice as the ones from 2016--this one doesn't zipper shut and is rather flimsy. Plus it has the X logo etc. The 2016 bag was not only nicer, it has no logo so far more useful.

We could have waited in Tuscan Grill - however got in the line for self-carry off. Didn't think to ask Concierge Desk if as self-carry off was quicker or to wait in Concierge/Tuscan Grill.

I don’t think that concierge is before self carry off. We were in a suite and were able to go whenever we wanted. We did go in the self carry off line because our bags were there from 7:45 am.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was thinking of booking Concierge Class, for the priority dinner seating. But I have been told by others on this board, that this does not happen. (Though it might be like Club Class on Princess). I am a newbie to ocean cruising, having only done one ocean cruise , the rest have been River Cruises. Prefer to dine when I want, without waiting in long queues. Might have to consider Aqua Class.

The only benefit of travelling Concierge Class especially on S Class ships is the extra points that accumulate towards a higher class. The rooms are the same size, the canapés are shocking ( better selection in buffet), the sparkling wine is average and given away to cabin attendants in many instances. We have three bags from our cruises in concierge still unopened in their wrapping. If the cost was comparable which as time goes by is becoming less so then I may consider it going forward but not otherwise.

Do you get priority boarding? It was the idea of priority boarding and the additional extra points that led to us booking CC for our next cruise. At the time the cost was only an additional $50 so part of this was to just try it out and see what we thought. The room selection is good but didn't seem like an significant upgrade in any way over what was available for the same price in a regular balcony.

In the past we have only done 7 night sailings but this next one is 12 nights so we are anxious to see if that is also something we like.

The Concierge cabins are a little larger than regular veranda cabins on

M Class ships. There is also a special lunch in the main dining room for only Concierge cabins on embarkation day. It is a limited menu, but it’s very nice to be able to put your carry-on bags in a secure place while you have a leisurely lunch until your cabin is ready. The debarkation lounge is a nice perk too.

Do you get priority boarding? It was the idea of priority boarding and the additional extra points that led to us booking CC for our next cruise. At the time the cost was only an additional $50 so part of this was to just try it out and see what we thought. The room selection is good but didn't seem like an significant upgrade in any way over what was available for the same price in a regular balcony.

In the past we have only done 7 night sailings but this next one is 12 nights so we are anxious to see if that is also something we like.

Priority boarding is simply a separate line, very often the regular lines are shorter. No big deal.

There are so many people getting "priority boarding" that it's sometimes quicker to go to the regular line where they have a dozen or more people working check in. The priority lines often just have two people working so even though the line is much shorter it can actually take longer. This happened to us in Hawaii, we laughed at our cruise mates in the long regular line as we headed to the CC priority line. Yea, they were on the ship before us.

We do concierge for the extra points and foot rest on balcony as well as I like deck 10. Usually cost has been fairly close to balcony rooms. Prices seem to be increasing so we may opt for balcony rooms in the future and we need so many point to go to next level may not be worth it.

We booked cruise on constellation and booked concierge because on that class ship balcony rooms are much smaller.

Canapes were uneventful and served with 2 knives--were the same as 2 yrs ago--

We did like the chairs/footstools/table--- however previously we have had CC on the hump and aft..as well as a "regular" sunset veranda with the same balcony arrangement

When we arrived for Embarkation--we were surprised that the Concierge lunch had been underway since 11:30am! We arrived at 12:30pm. Didn't realize we could have boarded Much earlier.

as far as Priority boarding-- we did have a shorter line to get sign/sail cards...

Self disembark is getting ruined by having more groups get advance priority for disembark

Suite guests going ahead ( from their seated lounge) were understandable due to what they pay, but now apparently Concierge,,That should not be.. Perk not offered to E or E plus, or AQ guests who pay more than Concierge.

In my opinion, no valid reason Concierge should be given this perk other than that category offers so little in general.

Folks use self disembark to make early flights or to avoid the gen chaos that Celeb disembark has become,,,If the experience was improved

, the long snaking lines from dawn on would be shorter,...

Self disembark is getting ruined by having more groups get advance priority for disembark

Suite guests going ahead ( from their seated lounge) were understandable due to what they pay, but now apparently Concierge,,That should not be.. Perk not offered to E or E plus, or AQ guests who pay more than Concierge.

In my opinion, no valid reason Concierge should be given this perk other than that category offers so little in general.

Folks use self disembark to make early flights or to avoid the gen chaos that Celeb disembark has become,,,If the experience was improved

, the long snaking lines from dawn on would be shorter,...

Oh please. You said it yourself. Concierge gets very little, so spare us your moaning about what little they do get. Aqua passengers get Blu & Persian Garden for what they pay, and suite passengers get their benefits. I believe that Concierge has gotten priority boarding & disembarkation since it’s inception, so why is this an issue now? And had it occurred to you that some Concierge passengers may be trying to make early flights?

Have found similar issues (minor though they are) on recent cruises in AQ. Have to ask for the champagne if we want it, sometimes we get flowers and sometimes we don't, had to ask for the bags which are indeed a BIG step down in quality from even a year ago, as are the little 'wallets' they give you (actually, that they give one of you). Minor points indeed though annoying when you pay extra for things you expect to get them.

Have found similar issues (minor though they are) on recent cruises in AQ. Have to ask for the champagne if we want it, sometimes we get flowers and sometimes we don't, had to ask for the bags which are indeed a BIG step down in quality from even a year ago, as are the little 'wallets' they give you (actually, that they give one of you). Minor points indeed though annoying when you pay extra for things you expect to get them.

When was this? We got the usual zippered bag in December on Reflection in Aqua Class.

The blue zippered bag the OP referred to has gone the way of the leatherette card case. The new bag which the OP recieved has replaced the zippered bag. We are in a suite and received the new bag on both legs of this B2B.

We received this bag in an Infinity RS recently. Much preferred the other, which also had the little one inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend who went on her first cruise recently and she booked a Concierge Class on Eclipse. On her return home I asked about her holiday and she said she thoroughly enjoyed it. She said on the first morning she searched high and low for a bath robe and couldn't find one. She asked the Cabin Steward later in the day and he immediately brought them, so no problem. During further conversation I realised she did not receive the wine, or the tote bag. On the third day she had an early excursion booked and asked the Steward about room service breakfast. He said he would leave a menu in the cabin for her. He only brought one, but did replace it after she had used the first one. It all seemed very strange to me, but she knew no different and enthused about the cruise and said she had already booked another, with Celebrity, for next year.

I think it is sad that some of the 'added amenities' are being forgotten like this. My friend knew no different and it did not spoil her experience, but I felt a bit sad for her as I remember how overwhelmed I was on my first cruise and how I felt so special in my Concierge Cabin.

We booked the last couple cruises before they changed captain club tiering levels. (We wanted the bonus points to get to Elite before the change.) Would never book Concierge again unless price differential was slight. Definitely not worth it and we got the better bag and card wallet

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app