Specialty Restaurant Photos

xriva

Just off the Bliss (wonderful cruise), which has a new photo feature discussed a bit earlier - the photographers take photos as always, but the photos are now sold as you leave and they are not part of the photo package. This had been the case in Teppenyaki, where you would get your photo, sometimes a photo with the chef and souvenir chopsticks.

$25 per photo for what on the Bliss were basically snapshots is a bit more than nickel & diming. It gives rip-off a bad name.

Is this ugly trend spreading to other ships?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruise on Regent. No photographer on the ship, so don't have this inconvenience. Another example of where the luxury all inclusive lines have an advantage. If you want a photo on Regent just use your own camera or phone ,the wait staff etc will take, no hassle ,no cost !!

This has been going on at the Teppanyaki restaurants I've been to for about 2 1/2 years. Some folks love this and others don't. If you don't like it, but want a picture, bring your own camera and ask someone to take your picture.

That’s my solution. What’s sad is that your suggestion of a random person with a stranger’s camera could do the equivalent job, in many cases.

I’m not someone who hasn’t cruised since 1982 - we were on the Jade at Christmas and Teppenyaki did their own thing and all the rest of the specialties and the MDRs were in the photo package.

So, I wasn’t surprised at Teppenyaki, we’ve done that before, and at least you get chopsticks and a custom-looking package, but on the Bliss, it was all of the specialties, and $25 for a photo in a plain folder adds up quickly - especially if your wife pre-purchased a photo package, assuming those were included, and now they’re separate.

It’s actually a good thing she pre-bought the package, because she got 30 photos (35 photos because we bought it online) for the price of 8 on the ship. The packages on the ship were priced to put themselves out of business.

The photo prices have always been slightly outrageous. The Bliss has taken this to a new level.

If you’re going to act like a portrait studio, you really should balance your lights for each group, and not just fire randomly. You probably should set people up so there aren’t things “growing” out of their heads. With these prices, I expect something more than a mediocre snapshot by a guy in a uniform.