"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Jan 16, 2016

Radio

Hello everyone. . . . I will once again be heading down to Cruise Maryland tomorrow (at the Port of Baltimore) to board the beautiful Grandeur of the Seas for an 8 night sailing . . . I have not sailed with Royal Caribbean since this time last year for Quantum of the Seas in Jan 2015.

I will be posting “LIVE” daily with photos and comments about the public areas, cabins, and our ports of call. Grandeur of the Seas will be sailing to Port Canaveral, Nassau, Coco Cay, and Key West this week. The weather over the last two weeks has been very cold, and I am looking forward to a little warmth as we head down to Key West. The weather forecast for tomorrow will be a little cold (44F) . . . I am not happy about that, but with each hour sailing south the temperature should increase.

My last sailing with Grandeur of the Seas was to Bermuda in Oct/Nov 2013. That “LIVE” post can be viewed HERE.

The ship appears to be sold out as a lot of passengers want to sail south to escape the cold from Maryland in January. I will be travelling solo and plan to get a lot of rest for the next eight nights, but will be ready to bring Grandeur of the Seas to you through my eyes. I am hoping for a valid wireless connection as I will be connected to Unlimited Internet for the duration of this voyage.

The Roll Call for this sailing has over 100 members, and it will be nice to see everyone for our Meet and Mingle that is scheduled for Sunday morning.

Radio

Grandeur of the Seas at Cruise Maryland

CM12GR.jpg

Aerial Image courtesy of Maryland Port Administration 2012

Grandeur of the Seas in San Juan, PR

GRSJ.jpg

Royal Caribbean International

Izumi on Deck 11

F38.JPG

Grandeur of the Seas Centrum “WOW” in Sep 2013

CWOW.jpg

My Itinerary for the next 8 nights

GR8.jpg

The Sea is Calling . . . I need to be recharged . . .

RC.jpg

Edited by Radio

Radio, I sailed the same itinerary on Grandeur December 19, 2015. Looking forward to your review. I had problems with the internet connection in my stateroom on deck 8. Lower decks in the public spaces get much better reception. Also you will have cell service in Port Canaveral and Key West.

Always enjoy your live threads. And yes, by all means get out of this cold. We've been spoiled here this winter but the cold has set in. No snow yet and we can keep it that way. Have fun!!!

Edited by Sky616

Looking forward to sharing your cruise with you!

We were on Grandeur in late Oct. and the internet was really slow and some days we could not get on at all. So I really hope they have been working on it. We bought the unlimited package so were not very happy!

Bon Voyage !!!

Looking forward to another of your excellent reviews. This one will have special import to us since we will be sailing on Grandeur (9 nights leaving 22 December), albeit with a different itinerary. Our last sailing on Grandeur was back in December of 2006. It will be interesting to hear about her more recent changes.

Thank you for making the time to do this.

N Ray H

Thanks, Radio - for doing another LIVE report. I always follow the reports - your pics are always the best and commentary informative. We are sailing Grandeur Jan 24 - when you leave (I know - don't mention that now). Anyway, VERY anxious to see how smooth or rough the seas are as you head south in the winter. We have an aft cabin - excited about balcony - but a little concerned about possible movement. So look forward to your reports - wishing you smooth sailing and a great time. Hope to hear reports on entertainment as well. We have sailed Allure and Quantum in the past. I know this ship much smaller with not as much variety, but I hear service is good. AND - living in PA it is nice to drive 2 hours to port instead of having to pay to fly to sail out of Florida. Enjoy your cruise!!! Thanks again for all your work!

Fair Winds and Following Seas, my friend. Sorry we won't be joining you. Maybe soon though.

Enjoy your vacation, I'm sure you've earned it.

"INSIDE JOKE TIME" can you report if they season the water like you ask? "INSIDE JOKE"

Edited by MedicKenK