Maya Key

disneygirl10

I booked this excursion for our Thanksgiving cruise on NCL Getaway.

I'd like to do Snorkeling, the Sea Lion Encounter as well as photos with the monkeys.

Has anyone done this? Can you take your own photos or is there a package offered on the island?

The excursion is 4 hours which doesn't sound like a lot of time, Will we be able to do all of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We went to maya key a few years ago and it was nice. You can take your own pictures with the monkeys. Some of the beach area had sea grass which wasn’t great. The snorkeling looked amazing from some of the brain coral that I ran into since the water was choppy the day we were there. My son was afraid to continue on with snorkeling because of the water and the current...it required more skill then he had! I highly recommend water shoes depending on your fins, where you enter the water requires some navigation to get past the coral and it’s very sharp. Some of the coral are so large that you can’t just float over them since you need to use your fins to fight the current. They have a pool which needed some tlc when we were last there but it was functional and the kids enjoyed it. I will also recommend if anyone in your group has difficulty with getting around this may pose a challenge. They drop you off at a dock and from there you walk up a slight hill and then down a somewhat steep decline to get to the beach. Not sure if there is an easier way to maneuver but this is the path everyone ahead of us took. I enjoyed it but last year we went to big French key across from little French key and we loved it! It was exactly what we were looking for, a relaxing beach day! Have fun finalizing your plans!