Did you like a Cove Balcony?

BellaBaci4

We had a cove balcony on the Dream last June. We booked another one on the Breeze next month. Liked being that close to the water, easy to get off when going ashore. I thought it was private, it was, I believe, an additional 5 sq ft (not much but important to DH). I burn quickly so it did not bother me not having the extra sun.

Hi All,

Looking at a Cove Balcony on the Dream. We have never sailed on such a low deck before. Please offer your opinions. Did you like that deck? Any drawbacks? Positives? I'm confused.

Thanks Much

Bella

Had a Cove on the sister ship the Magic and loved it. Only wish our itinerary was not so port intensive so we could have enjoyed it more :)

Hi All,

Looking at a Cove Balcony on the Dream. We have never sailed on such a low deck before. Please offer your opinions. Did you like that deck? Any drawbacks? Positives? I'm confused.

Thanks Much

Bella

Absolutely loved the Cove balcony. I am booked on our 4th cove. Two on the Breeze and 2 on the Dream. You will love it for the privacy and shade. Never too hot to sit outside any time of day. Won't ever need a higher balcony again.:)

LOVED IT.

One of the only two things I liked on the Dream. (prefer spirit and Fantasy class over Dream/Conquest class)

Was amazing watching the flying fish flying away from the ship.

Saw Dolphins as we approached St. Martin.

The lifeboats above are not nearly as close as they appear in most pictures.

DW did her research and made sure we were not under the galley.

Got us a cabin, about five steps away from glass Atrium elevators.

One deck up to dinner (left) and main lounge. (right)

Nice to able to leave cabin and be at dinner or show in two minutes.

The only reason I would ever choose a Dream class ship again, would be for the Cove.

Bill

Our next cruise will be our 3rd time in a cove...we love them. Our first time on the Dream was a deck 8 balcony. We like the coves much better. We get enough sun up on deck and out in port so we enjoy that the cove balcony is shaded. We also love how close we are to the water, and the coves seem to be more private.

Just research the location to make sure you get an area that is relatively quiet. I haven't had any of the noise issues that some talk about.

Loved, loved, loved our cove on the Breeze! Would book another one in a heartbeat. My favorite catagory so far. It was great being so close to the water. Just do your research on location to avoid noise issues from above.

Loved, loved, loved our cove on the Breeze! Would book another one in a heartbeat. My favorite catagory so far. It was great being so close to the water. Just do your research on location to avoid noise issues from above.

Only advise you need!:D

Just off the Breeze. We had 2 adjoining balconies. 2345,2349 with the partition opened. GREAT Location.

Up 1 floor to dining.

IMG_1947_zps23d9b2dd.jpg

IMG_2067_zps28d1f251.jpg

Ours was the 4+5th from the left, after the blank space. you can see the open partition.

Totally agree, we had a good one on the Magic

No we didn't like the cove.. we LOVED the cove on the Breeze...it is on deck 2.. low enough to the ocean that you do not feel too much motions at all.. and close enough that the pier runners can hear you yelling at them to hurry up... lol..

We love that there was coverage from the sun via the life boats.. we could sit out on the deck in the middle of the afternoon with out burning our feet. great to have coffee or bevies on..we will definitely do one again..

Loved the Cove hated the neighbors that chain smoked , that problem is worse in the cove as the smoke came under the balcony divider .

We were below the Galley and yes noise from about midnight on .

Next time a Cove again for sure but towards the front of the ship.

Hi All,

Thanks Much

Bella

Yep!!! We love the coves. so much more private, and close.to the water. Nothing else for us on a Dream class ship

Edited by astropilot

We had a cove on the Dream. It was OK. But we prefer the regular balcony. The one we had was noisey so be careful where your room is located. Also we didn't like that you can open the dividers as we always cruise with others who book the room next to ours.

LOVED IT! we had one on the magic in june and it was perfect.. so close really gives you that sailing feeling... not rough at all that low in the ship and the flying fish were something to see... also saw dolphins... i would book again.. we did the research on what was above us... only thing to worry about...

Absolutely loved the Cove balcony. I am booked on our 4th cove. Two on the Breeze and 2 on the Dream. You will love it for the privacy and shade. Never too hot to sit outside any time of day. Won't ever need a higher balcony again.:)

I've never had a cove, not sure I'd like one for the reason you stated above, ... the shade. I do like to sunbathe in private ;) sometimes.

I 'would' like it for being close to the water.

We will be in Cove cabin 2370 on the Dream in a couple of weeks and we're eagerly looking forward to it.:) It is below the galley I believe (all others were taken when we booked). I understand it may be noisy - but will it be unbearable? Anyone stay in Cove 2370? Too late to change - just curious. Never had trouble going to sleep on a ship before - don't expect to this time.

Somebody's ready........:p

Thx!

We will be in Cove cabin 2370 on the Dream in a couple of weeks and we're eagerly looking forward to it.:) It is below the galley I believe (all others were taken when we booked). I understand it may be noisy - but will it be unbearable? Anyone stay in Cove 2370? Too late to change - just curious. Never had trouble going to sleep on a ship before - don't expect to this time.

Somebody's ready........:p

Thx!

Take some ear plugs just in case. :p We are booked on the Dream in 2288. We were originally booked for 2388, but moved when we realized it was under the Galley. Still taking ear plugs ;). I'm just excited for the Cove balcony.