Great News on Little French Key

KruzinH20

Looks as though Little French Key has won their Legal battle and all the animals will be returning!

From Little French Key's Facebook post:

"After 8 months to date from August 28, 2015 of wait, hard work and hard ache, with G-d’s grace, hard work from our legal team, support and prayers from our dear friends, family, guests and visitors on this Passover, Little French Key received an 8 page positive court resolution that the raid on Little French Key, search and taking of the animals from Little French Key and Mr. Edgar Bodden were all illegal, in bad faith without cause and absolute abuse of power.

Now we are ready for two possible actions, one retaliation by the corrupt officials behind this ruthless, illegal act or with G-d’s grace them and those assisting them coming to their senses and soul search, using the same amount of effort to bring our animal family home.

Although we and our business has endured the psychological, slander and business damages associated with these illegal actions, it was and always has been about the welfare of our animal family and the best for Roatan.

In the word’s of George Washington, “ I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man”.

http://www.littlefrenchkey.com Link to Facebook post is on their website

I was so happy when I read that yesterday.

Also, Kevah's private page states:

Inventory.....Simba our Jaguar, and our 5 captive born deers and several monkeys including Lisa, Puncho, Romeo, Prince, and several Macaws at Barberetta, to be returned ASAP.....other Macaws and parrots and toucans at Macaw Mountian, Copan Ruins, Lloyd Davidson partner of...., to be returned ASAP, Maya Key, illegally held Macaws, Candy, Tina and Taz, Captive bred imported from US to be returned ASAP. G-d Bless.

That's great to hear! We were there last year just after the animals were removed and were really bummed. We still enjoyed our day, it is truly one of the most beautiful places, and we enjoyed the animals that were still there, but it is truly good to hear that all of the others will be returning!

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned. They have Lawrence the lion. We pet him. Few monkeys. Lemurs. 2 young lions. Puma. Jaguar is in another area pregnant. I didnt see many birds. Maybe a peacock. Couple deer. Awesome place

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Jaguar is in another area pregnant.

In what other area? I'm pretty sure they haven't got the animals back quite yet. They were sided with in their case and animals were taken without an order so they are getting them back, but they haven't returned yet. I'm almost positive that Simba is a boy. :p If he was back, he would be in his newly built huge cage they made right before he was taken. :)

I can send pictures when I get to my computer. The jaguar was to the left by some construction when we got in taxi. Not on island. She looked pretty big in the belly. Was in a nice big structure. I was expecting Simba also. Lawrence lion rescued from circus was in cage to left when entering island.

We got to go in his cage and rub his head and ears through bars in smaller inclosure. 2 younger lions we knew nothing about were in a big cage closer to water after Lawrence. Puma was right when we entered. Rosita Spider monkey was there. We held monkey Rico I think. Also held a lemur. There were 2 in cage.

Seen some deer like animal and peacock.

It all was a lil odd. Boy in taxi told us jaguar was there. And we could take pix in water with him. When he returned in taxi I told him no it was not. That is when he walked us over and showed us the female

Nobody mentioned lawsuits etc. I only knew what was happening by this board. Maybe everyone was told not to talk about it. I just know it was awesome and we didnt want to leave. We were there on Wednesday.

I can send pictures when I get to my computer. The jaguar was to the left by some construction when we got in taxi. Not on island. She looked pretty big in the belly. Was in a nice big structure. I was expecting Simba also. Lawrence lion rescued from circus was in cage to left when entering island.

We got to go in his cage and rub his head and ears through bars in smaller inclosure. 2 younger lions we knew nothing about were in a big cage closer to water after Lawrence. Puma was right when we entered. Rosita Spider monkey was there. We held monkey Rico I think. Also held a lemur. There were 2 in cage.

Seen some deer like animal and peacock.

It all was a lil odd. Boy in taxi told us jaguar was there. And we could take pix in water with him. When he returned in taxi I told him no it was not. That is when he walked us over and showed us the female

Nobody mentioned lawsuits etc. I only knew what was happening by this board. Maybe everyone was told not to talk about it. I just know it was awesome and we didnt want to leave. We were there on Wednesday.

Yes, all the animals you described are not animals that were taken. They have been there (and they have required others since this whole mess had started). So there's plenty of animals still there. However, Simba and the other animals that were favorites of the visitors (like Lisa the monkey) have not been returned quite yet. They have the authority to get them back and it has been approved, but they have not returned them yet.

I'm not sure which animal you seen on the main land, not doubting it might be a jaguar, but it's not Simba, especially if you said "she is pregnant". Simba is a boy. :)

I will go there no matter if they have animals or not. The place is absolutely gorgeous and so peaceful. It's probably the most beautiful place I have ever been to. The animals are just an added plus and I know they love their animals to death. Glad you liked the place and enjoyed yourself. :)

Any idea when the animals will be back? I saw the statement said as soon as possible. Our cruise is 2 weeks from tomorrow. I'm looking forward to Little French Key either way, I just wondered if the animals would be back by then. Thanks!

• 7 months later...
Is the swimming with Simba available again?

From a recent post on Trip Advisor swimming with Simba has not been available for over a year.

My guess is Little French Key got some heat from people who thought it a bad idea and they won't be allowing it ever again.

Edited by Guest 2000

Yes, all the animals you described are not animals that were taken. They have been there (and they have required others since this whole mess had started). So there's plenty of animals still there. However, Simba and the other animals that were favorites of the visitors (like Lisa the monkey) have not been returned quite yet. They have the authority to get them back and it has been approved, but they have not returned them yet.

I'm not sure which animal you seen on the main land, not doubting it might be a jaguar, but it's not Simba, especially if you said "she is pregnant". Simba is a boy. :)

I will go there no matter if they have animals or not. The place is absolutely gorgeous and so peaceful. It's probably the most beautiful place I have ever been to. The animals are just an added plus and I know they love their animals to death. Glad you liked the place and enjoyed yourself. :)

We are going in late April on the Jade out of Tampa ... Was wondering where you all jump in off the higher point, is the water deep enough that you can dive in without hitting bottom ???:)

We are going in late April on the Jade out of Tampa ... Was wondering where you all jump in off the higher point, is the water deep enough that you can dive in without hitting bottom ???:)

Yes everything is safe there, proper depths and equipment for diving and swinging off the rope.

Yes everything is safe there, proper depths and equipment for diving and swinging off the rope.

Yes second that! Very fun, deep water. I couldn't get my daughter away from the platform she loved it. I tried it once, getting too old for that :)

Yes second that! Very fun, deep water. I couldn't get my daughter away from the platform she loved it. I tried it once, getting too old for that :)

Agreed. My daughter started jumping that platform at age 4 and hasn't stopped each time. BTW griz...there are 2 jumping areas now as well. There's the original in the lagoon area and there's one on the opposite side of the island where the boats dock to drop people off.

Also, the animals have NOT been returned yet and the battle continues...

Untitled-1-M.jpg

Also, the animals have NOT been returned yet and the battle continues...

We were there in early December, and when we arrived they said the animals couldn't be interacted with, however midway through our stay they received word from their legal team that they could, and we were able to interact with Rico, one of the monkeys. So while all animals have not been returned, they have started letting people interact with them again.

• 1 month later...
With all the crime in Honduras, is this a safe tour to take in march ???

We booked it with Shorexcursioneer , we have booked with them before on previous cruises and no problems whatsoever ...

We had no problems there. It is poor yes, but we didn't see anything scary. Once you walk out of the gates and find LFK guys they load you up into the van and off you go. LFK was beautiful truly an island paradise.

Who has everyone been booking little french key with???

We used https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/ ... normally there is no problem with company, we have used them in the past, but, Roatan isn't really a secure place, once we were in coxen hole on the Sun a few years ago, and we seen military there with machine guns right outside the port ... that's where we did some shopping as well. Didn't seem real safe right there .

We booked through our cruise critic roll call group but you really don't need reservations. You just find Larry and David in the green shirts and they will send you off. You decide what package you want when you get there.

Hi. I booked the basic package for July since my dh and I just want to relax and have some food and drinks.

We will want to have additional drinks, other than the two complimentary ones offered, and possibly a snack

other than the included lunch. Can anyone please give me an estimate on the prices at LFK. I would prefer to pay in cash. If we are staying a full day and drinking mildly, would you guess about $100 total, not including tips?

Thank you.

I was so happy when I read that yesterday.

Also, Kevah's private page states:

Inventory.....Simba our Jaguar, and our 5 captive born deers and several monkeys including Lisa, Puncho, Romeo, Prince, and several Macaws at Barberetta, to be returned ASAP.....other Macaws and parrots and toucans at Macaw Mountian, Copan Ruins, Lloyd Davidson partner of...., to be returned ASAP, Maya Key, illegally held Macaws, Candy, Tina and Taz, Captive bred imported from US to be returned ASAP. G-d Bless.

Kim, can you answer JS's question in the post above this. Thanks!