Catamaran snorkeling excursions suggestions

01Sweetpea

We will be in Roatan at the end of April on the Liberty OTS and are looking for a catamaran snorkeling excursion. We tried to book with Free Radical, but didn’t have enough people and they now have enough people from a Carnival ship.

We’re looking for 2-3 snorkeling stops with lunch & drinks provided and we would prefer NOT to have a beach or town stop. We like the idea of a catamaran in order to spread out and relax. We do not want to do the ship’s excursion .

Thank you for any & all suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Free Radical in 2015 with our adult kids. They had a minimum of six people to book. We had 5, so we just paid the six person rate and had the boat & crew to ourselves. When we went it was with the previous owners so I'm not sure if anything has changed. I heard they sold the catamaran and business to someone else about a year or 2 ago.

I can tell you our experience was wonderful! The snorkeling was fantastic, the food and drinks were wonderful. A great time was had by all.

The only con to the excursion, is the ride to the catamaran dock. It was about a 45 minute ride from the cruise port dock, however it was nice to see the countryside.

We are going back to Roatan next year and considering booking this one again.

Hope you can find enough people to join you.

We will be in Roatan at the end of April on the Liberty OTS and are looking for a catamaran snorkeling excursion. We tried to book with Free Radical, but didn’t have enough people and they now have enough people from a Carnival ship.

We’re looking for 2-3 snorkeling stops with lunch & drinks provided and we would prefer NOT to have a beach or town stop. We like the idea of a catamaran in order to spread out and relax. We do not want to do the ship’s excursion .

Thank you for any & all suggestions.

Are you saying Free Radical is now full from the Carnival Ship on the day you are there? They should be able to add you if they aren’t full, assuming the port times are similar for both ships.

We went with the new owners on Free Radical in January and enjoyed it. Great food and drinks and the snorkeling was good. There were only 5 on board that day, so we got 2 snorkeling stops as opposed to the usual one for cruise ship passengers.

The downside, as mentioned above, is the travel time to and from their location. It makes for a nice island tour, but limits the amount of time you have on the boat.