"LIVE" from the Century / 03-19-06

Radio

I will be leaving today for beautiful Florida, and will be boarding the Century on Sunday March 19.

Join me for my "LIVE" reports from the Century with daily comments, ship reports ( pre-remodel) and lots of pics....

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hope he won't mind if I take a moment to make a plug here.. for those of you who may not ever wander over to the Royal Caribbean board, Radio has done this at least twice before that I know of, and we are all in for a treat. If you are scheduled to be on the Century soon, prepare for a tidbit that will make you more anxious than ever for your own sail date!

Theron

Hello everyone..My journey has now begun....... I boarded the Autotrain today in Lorton, VA. The train just left the station, and we should arrive in Sanford, FL (just north of Orlando) by 8:30 AM. It should be much warmer in Sanford,FL than it is here.....brrrrrr. The drive to Fort Lauderdale should be about 4 or 4.5 hours. Hopefully I will get to FLL early, so I can watch a Spring Training Game ( Oriloles VS STL) at Fort Lauderdale Stadium at 1:05

I will be staying tomorrow at the Marriott Courtyard in Plantation, FL. (About 8 mi from Port Everglades). The downtown hotels were crazy pricing...I guess this is a big cruise weekend.

The Century Will be docked at Pier 18 tomorrow ( This is usually the pier for Millenium and Infinity, but Infinity will be at 29 tomorrow. )

The train is a little rocky right now so I will check in later (pending connection).

Thanks for tuning in !

WOW..Thanks for the Plug Theron....

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Auto Train

56646583-a964-028001E0-.jpg

56646585-779b-028001E0-.jpg

Hey! You're welcome.. I will stay tuned, even though I'm not planning any cruises on Century anytime soon. She was my first cruise, so always a fond memory.

Did you take your car on the train? Every time I looked at the pricing for that, it seemed like you could rent a car for a month for about the same price as taking one down on the train.

Theron

Radio,

thanks for the exciting updates soon to come. I am one of the group sailing will Kelmac on the 26th. It will be an awesome way to spend a pre-xcruise week, looking forward to updates on current Century news. I've been wondering about stand up comedians and other entertainers on our sailing. I hope we have a fun CD and staff.

Have a great time.

Rita

I'm really looking forward to your posts -- I loved reading them and viewing your pictures on the RCCL board.

I've been reading here that the Century will be in for drydock. Can you pass on any info that you may gather regarding what it is they plan to do to her? Thanks.

Hey! You're welcome.. I will stay tuned, even though I'm not planning any cruises on Century anytime soon. She was my first cruise, so always a fond memory.

Did you take your car on the train? Every time I looked at the pricing for that, it seemed like you could rent a car for a month for about the same price as taking one down on the train.

Theron

Yes... I took my car. Passengers aren't allowed without a vehicle .It's really not that much. If I drove I would use about 160.00 for gas plus hotel, plus food. The Auto train costs about 250 each way (depending on time of year).All meals are included on the A/T

I love the Autotrain...because I hate to fly. I do fly...but I avoid it when I can.

We have just crossed the SC border....

Radio

;) ;)

I love the Autotrain...because I hate to fly. I do fly...but I avoid it when I can.

Hey, and you don't have to turn your laptop / cell phone off when you get ready to land!! ;)

I hope you waved when you went through Fredericksburg...

Theron

Hello everyone.....It looks like we will be a little late getting in to Sanford.

We should arrive about 10:30AM.....I wont be able to see the Spring Training game, but thats OK. I will be boarding the Century tomorrow at about 11AM. I'll will just use the afternoon to rest and maybe sit by the pool...

There was a passenger emergency last night that forced us to be detained for a while in Lumberton, NC. I hope he will be OK....

We are now in Jacksonville, FL. The current temperature is 60F. It's warming up already :)

Radio

;) ;)

I'm new to this board, but will be looking forward to your posts from the Century as I have some newlywed friends on board for their honeymoon :)

I've bookmarked this thread and look forward to hearing more from you during the week!

PS - glad you thought our chilly morning in Jax was comfortable! Have a great cruise!!

Hey Radio!

thats cool that you have nation wide wireless! glad your enjoying our florida weather!

I'm going on the same cuise as radio and i have to say he is a great photographer! just look at some of his pics! click on the link in his sig. I guess he wont be hard to spot tomorrow, just look for the guy with the camera.

They showed a second movie this morning since we were delayed....but we just arrived in Sanford, and my car should be unloaded very soon. I will post some more pics when I get to my Hotel in Platation,FL (west of Fort Lauderdale)

Sunny and Mild 70F

Radio

;) ;)

They showed a second movie this morning since we were delayed....but we just arrived in Sanford, and my car should be unloaded very soon. I will post some more pics when I get to my Hotel in Platation,FL (west of Fort Lauderdale)

Sunny and Mild 70F

Radio

;) ;)

I don't when you were last down, but Plantation is a lot more visible than it used to be......they lost many trees in Wilma last fall and you can actually see beyond the main streets to houses and yards. Hope you enjoy the drive down - weather is in the mid-80's already and no chance of rain.

I don't when you were last down, but Plantation is a lot more visible than it used to be......they lost many trees in Wilma last fall and you can actually see beyond the main streets to houses and yards. Hope you enjoy the drive down - weather is in the mid-80's already and no chance of rain.

Radio..... I have been on this board for a long time, never reply, just read. I am soo looking forward for everything you have to tell us, We will have a four generation family cruise on the Century next year. This is the first X for everyone in our family. I will absorb every tid bit of info. Thanks for taking the time out to do this for all of us.

I'm not sure this will work... I did a search to try to find some of Radio's previous "Live" threads, and it returned what appeared to be a unique search ID... so... maybe the board software stores the search criteria, at least for a little while.

All that to say no guarantees, but at least for me for right now, this link returns several of his previous threads like this one is going to be.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=2999143

I didn't realize he had done so many of them!

Theron

Radio ~ what a small world ... we were in Sanford this morning taking our daughter back to the airport to catch a flight back north to college. Had never been in Sanford before but it was much easier than Orlando International would have been....and much less expensive. Sorry you were late getting in and missed the game but hopefully your drive south was uneventful and you're now enjoying some time in South Florida. Great weather, isn't it?

Looking forward to hearing all about your cruise. I know lots of people here on CC will be "tuning" in! ;)

Bon Voyage!

Hello everyone.....I made it here....finally ! ! It took about 4 hours to make it to the Hotel. The tolls were about $13.... I did make 2 stops. The weather is great. It is currently 77F and sunny. I won't make this a long post...due to hunger, but the drive down was pleasant.... but long. I will try to get a few photos of the Marriott here and post them.

The hotel seems to be very nice...its a little old, but very clean. I heard that there was a mall nearby with lots of restaurants....so I will drive around to see what I can find.

I was unable to here the Orioles Spring Training game on the Radio, but I just found out we were beat up by the Cardinals 7-0....Ouch

TPKeller: The "Live" reports that I do are not really that different than most other reports. Writing has not been one of my best attributes. The difference between my reports and others is just that I post Photos of the daily life of a Cruise Ship...Ports...Cabins...Public Areas....Interiors....But thanks for the Commercial ! :) I hope I will be able to live up to the introduction ;) ;)

HostAnne: You are right on the money...The Weather is BEAUTIFUL !!!

Will post later tonight..... The fun really starts tomorrow ! !

Radio

;) ;)

Wow, another "Live Post" from Radio. I so enjoy your trips. Will be turning in every day.

After 21 cruises and now Diamond with RCI, my husband and I were just considering trying a Celebrity cruise and actually had the Century in mind, (after the re-do). We are in our 50's and have been wondering if we would like the Century. We like RCI, but are also looking for something different.

Please compare and give your opinions between the two lines and types of passengers onboard this week.

Thank you and enjoy,

Carol

Hey Radio :D

Looking forward to your daily updates and pictures!!

Please, please, could you try to find out if the dry dock plans call for removing the T-pool?! So many of us are worried that when they remodel the spa it will be gone since it is nowhere to be found on the updated deck plans.

Have a GREAT cruise! :p

CruisinCJ ~ we sail Celebrity and RCI pretty interchangably. I'd liken Century to the Radiance class ships altho the Radiance class ships are newer. Once Century comes out of dry dock, I think they'll be very comparable. The Radiance class ships and the Century class ships are probably our favorites. I think you'd enjoy Celebrity if you enjoy RCI. Can't wait to hear what Radio thinks.

Just a few pics from Sanford Autotrain Station and Plantation Marriott Courtyard. The Century just returned today from it's 9 night Caribbean. When I looked at the webcam...it showed that the Century left Port Everglades. Wow ! I sure hope that it's just a 1 nighter.

She is scheduled to be docked at Pier 18......I will be there to board with fun and relaxation on my mind....

See you tomorrow !

Radio

Waiting for car at the Sanford Autotrain Station

56668210-d466-028001E0-.jpg

Marriott Courtyard Plantation, FL

56668230-6585-028001E0-.jpg

Marriott Courtyard Lobby

56668231-5654-028001E0-.jpg

I be on Century tomorrow (Image courtesy of RCI)

56668546-9fde-02000153-.jpg

Archived