QE2 The NEXT last trans. 12/04

Winchester

Gina - will this be your 1st or have you been on the QE2 a few times? have you done the crossing before? It will be our 1st and we are SO excited - and the more we read and hear about it and the ship the more exciting and special it sounds, Gary

Hi Gary,

This will be the first time, FINALLY. We have booked two previous times, 1994 and 2003. Both trips had to be cancelled. 1994 due to a giant snow/ice storm (we couldn't get to Kansas City for our flight for 3 days) and 2003 due to Concorde shutting down. We already had Concorde tickets to coincide with our crossing. When BA announced the shut down, DH said one leisure trip to Europe was enough for one year. Fly Concorde or do the crossing. The choice was obvious.

I am REALLY, REALLY excited. Been on a few other cruises, but this one will definitely be the best.

Do you know if the Venice-Simplon-Orient Express train is still running? I know it is for the QM2, but have you heard if it will be available for QE2? I think that would be a perfect way to start our journey.

Gina

Gina

Agree with you on the Concorde! That is what we did as well, going to and from NYC in July last year. It was the 2nd time I had been and the 1st for my partner and so it was great. One reason we wanted to do the crossing now was it seems that the QE2 will not do it after this one as going to be more based in Europe (though I do see that they have a Canada crossing / cruise) in the 2005 brochure.

On the train, I had looked into that and it looked like it only runs in the summer months to connect with the ship. I guess it ties in with the QM2 as you say.

So looks like you will be on the cruise with us! have to catch up!!?

Gary

If you look through some of the other threads, it appears as if some of our fellow "Cruise Critics" have found out about a January 2006 QE2 Transatlantic crossing as a set-up for the 2006 World Cruise. SO this December voyage is not even close to be a "last" TA crossing for QE2....especially as long as Cunard continues to have the World Cruise begin in NY.

Where does it talk about the 2006 crossing? Will this be at the beginning or the end of the world cruise? Is there a place on the Internet that has the itinerary of the 2006 world cruise?

Sorry for so many questions.

[quote name='greatam']We booked the cabin in the very bow of the boat-2004. I hope we "bounce" all the way to NY.

We need to start planning a sail away get together.

Gina[/QUOTE]

Gina, I was in 3004 a few years ago and got "bounced" right out of my bunk one night.

It was awesome!

Christopher

In Dec 2005, QE 2 is doing a r/t Christmas & New Year's cruise from Southampton. The ship will then need to cross to New York to start her annual World Cruise... and, of course, Cunard will not send her over empty!

Another winter crossing!

Michael
New York

[quote name='tcad1']Where does it talk about the 2006 crossing? Will this be at the beginning or the end of the world cruise? Is there a place on the Internet that has the itinerary of the 2006 world cruise?

Sorry for so many questions.[/QUOTE]
The January 2006 QE2 Transatlantic crossing is not listed on the Cunard website, or in any brochure. I did see (on one or two threads from back in July) a couple of fellow "Cruise Critic" contributors make reference to this voyage. If you poke around you should be able to find the threads that contain these items. One of these folks mentioned having a friend who works at Cunard, and apparently they verified the fact of this trip.....Cunard staff must be in the early stages of planning the ship shedules for 2006, and have a tentative lan for this trip....but as was said above OBVIOUSLY if the ship is based in Southampton, and is going to be deprting NY for it's 2006 World Cruise it will need to cross the Atlantic !!!! It would be before the World Cruise

• 4 weeks later...
Will be onboard Dec. 15 as well, for my second winter crossing. The bounce factor should be wonderful, I don't expect the North Atlantic will let us down! Why is it that six days at sea never seem long enough?

[quote name='mufi']She wiil need to cross again at the end of the world cruise to take pax back to NY, and make the return crossing back to UK.
David.[/QUOTE]Hello,
World Cruise passengers returning to NY at the end of the '05 world cruise will do so on QM2. These passengers will transfer from QE2 to QM2 in Southampton.
QE2 is not crossing to NY at the end of the '05 world cruise, and will not do so again unitil Jan. '06.

Chances are, this situation will be the same for the '06 World Cruise.

Interesting note, Cunard is billing the Dec. 15 '05 crossing as a "Classic Transatlantic Crossing", but the Jan. '06 crossing is being billed as a "Positioning Cruise". At least that's what the QE2 intinerary said when I booked the Jan. '06 last May, when I was aboard Caronia.

kj

Archived