Whom to Contact - Help!

cunarder

Hi all,

I need some information.

I have a Cunard House Flag that sailed over the QE2. I would like to see if Cunard will allow me to have it flown over the QM2 while we are in port/anchor at one of the islands on the cruise. The cruise will be in November.

Do I contact Frank Sansone or someone else?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Ed

QE2 - 12/98, 09/00, 09/01, 06/03
Explorer of the Seas - 01/02
Grand Princess - 12/02
Majesty of the Seas - 01/04

Next up:
Queen Mary 2 - 11/04
Island Princess - 07/05

This thread brings up a question that I've been trying to get answered. i.e. Where/How can I puchase a Cunard House Flag ??? I've tried looking via the Internet for flag retailers and makers that specialize in maritime flags and have found nothing.....I'd just love to have one to fly in my backyard for the fun of it......does anyone have any suggestions ???

OR why don't you send a letter to the captain of the ship you are going on. Dad chatted with the captain of QE2 in 1978 and got an invite to bring our family house flag aboard for the return trip. We did and it flew on the mast leaving Southampton, going in and out of France, and heading up river in NY. Now that was several companies ago, but I think the captain has a bit of leaway about things like what flies on the mast.

I don't think Cunard - current or past sells their flags.

Thanks for the replies. I have thought about sending a letter to the Cunard offices. I am just alittle skeptical that it will make it to the ship.

My wife and I have sat at Commodore Warwick's table before (by chance). I hope that he will be on board for our cruise Nov. 6th. Does anyone know if he will be?

I guess I will try the letter to the World Club and to the ship. Hopefully, I will receive a response. If not, I am going to take the flag with me. I don't give up too easily.

Ed

An Update:

I called Guest Relations and the woman I spoke with didn't really know what to do. I then emailed the World Club through the Cunard website and I got a reply. They will be forwarding my request to the QM2. They said I should get an answer at some point in time. Hopefully, it will be positive.

This should be nothing but a win/win situation for Cunard. Keeping a patron extremely happy by this small token should be an easy decision but we will see.

Ed

• 2 weeks later...
Great news:

I received a reply from Cunard yesterday. I have been told to bring my Cunard House Flag on the cruise. Once onboard, I am to contact Captain Wright for further instructions.

I am glad Cunard has granted my request. This is going to be great!

Ed

Thanks fastship.

It will be great getting to experience QM2 for the first time anyway but this should be special (along with celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary). My niece will also be with us so I hope she gets a kick out of it.

Ed

Archived