insulated drink mugs

I just came back from an all inclusive resort and saw several people using their own insulated drink mugs to have drinks filled in. Essentially it was like 20-32 oz mugs with straws, which saved them the trouble of having to have their drinks refilled 2-3 times. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these on norwegian? I have an unlimited alcohol drink package and was going to bring one of those mugs to make it easier, but didn't know if the bars would actually fill them. Thanks for any info!

I don't know about drinks from the bar but we bring a couple mugs for coffee, iced tea, etc. These mugs not only carry more but they simply make things easier for carrying drinks to other parts of the ship. It should be noted that they do NOT want you putting them under a spigot to fill.... you are supposed to fill a regular cup and pour the drink into the mug....

8410437273_b506eb8b71_b.jpgShip -24 by KathyCat102, on Flickr

I always bring a mug like this to fill from the buffet and carry with me. Now if you want alcoholic drinks, no they won't 'fill the mug'. When I cruised in Jan you could get two drinks per card, not sure if that's changed. So what you would have to do is go up and get 1-2 drinks at a time and dump them into the mug.

Even with the UBP it's not quite the same as being at an all inclusive. Not everyone has the UBP so they limit the number of drinks per transaction and ring each one up individually. I don't know if there's a wait limit between transactions. I doubt they will care about you filling a bubba mug for you - they just don't want you go get drinks for your entire party. So if you sit at the bar, dumping them in and sipping on it while you wait it may be easier than if you go up and come back in a couple minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always bring a mug like this to fill from the buffet and carry with me. Now if you want alcoholic drinks, no they won't 'fill the mug'. When I cruised in Jan you could get two drinks per card, not sure if that's changed. So what you would have to do is go up and get 1-2 drinks at a time and dump them into the mug.

Even with the UBP it's not quite the same as being at an all inclusive. Not everyone has the UBP so they limit the number of drinks per transaction and ring each one up individually. I don't know if there's a wait limit between transactions. I doubt they will care about you filling a bubba mug for you - they just don't want you go get drinks for your entire party. So if you sit at the bar, dumping them in and sipping on it while you wait it may be easier than if you go up and come back in a couple minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Gem this month, you needed two cards for two drinks. We brought Yeti's to fill up at the buffet. I was using a clean glass to fill mine up with water, an officer (I think) told me that it wasn't allowed, I pointed to the posted sign which states you must use a clean glass to fill up your personal cup, he told me that you aren't supposed to take beverages out of the buffet - it was just weird.

I just came back from an all inclusive resort and saw several people using their own insulated drink mugs to have drinks filled in. Essentially it was like 20-32 oz mugs with straws, which saved them the trouble of having to have their drinks refilled 2-3 times. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these on norwegian? I have an unlimited alcohol drink package and was going to bring one of those mugs to make it easier, but didn't know if the bars would actually fill them. Thanks for any info!

On our 12 day on the Getaway, I bought one of the double walled glasses with straw in the gift shop, and the bartenders in vibe & H2O had no problem with putting my drink in it for me. I had the unlimited drink package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We find these are essential for Alaska cruises. On deck is usually cold and windy. Helps to have a hot drink (hot chocolate or tea or coffee) while glacier watching or strolling . remember to also bring gloves and hat ;p

On the Gem this month, you needed two cards for two drinks. We brought Yeti's to fill up at the buffet. I was using a clean glass to fill mine up with water, an officer (I think) told me that it wasn't allowed, I pointed to the posted sign which states you must use a clean glass to fill up your personal cup, he told me that you aren't supposed to take beverages out of the buffet - it was just weird.

That is "weird" as we always take our filled mugs and lunch from the buffet out to a shaded lounger or even to our balcony. Early on I did have someone point out that we are NOT to put the mug under the spigot but no-one ever told us we couldn't take stuff away from the buffet area. And this is after 25 cruise across 4 different cruise lines.....

We find these are essential for Alaska cruises. On deck is usually cold and windy. Helps to have a hot drink (hot chocolate or tea or coffee) while glacier watching or strolling . remember to also bring gloves and hat ;p

Thank you for the tip. I have the hat and gloves but, not being a coffee drinker, I didn't think about a coffee mug for hot chocolate or tea while on the top decks or our balcony.

That is really weird. He may just be trying to save face after showing him the sign since you can also drink from your Yeti in the buffet, not out.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

That is "weird" as we always take our filled mugs and lunch from the buffet out to a shaded lounger or even to our balcony. Early on I did have someone point out that we are NOT to put the mug under the spigot but no-one ever told us we couldn't take stuff away from the buffet area. And this is after 25 cruise across 4 different cruise lines.....

It was really weird! At first I thought he didn't see I was using a separate glass to fill my yeti, but then he said something about not taking beverages from the buffet, and wandered away.