how flexible are the ages in kids club?

Tejas57

just wondering how flexible they are with the ages in kids club?

we are cruising in september on the aria with our 2 girls who will be 3 and 7.

I see turtle cove is for 2 - 6 years old. the issue we have is 2 fold:

1 - the 3 year old absolutely idolises the 7 year old and will not stay in kids with out her sister so they help settle each other and

2 - the 7 year old has an intellectual disability and is around 5 or so mentally. she would be much better in turtle cover with her sister than in shark shack. she also has some difficulties with motor skills so the activies they would do in turtle cove would be better for her.

You might get lucky, but it might depend on how many kids they have onboard in each grouping and whether the have the space to add one more to the lower group. They obviously get the kids ages from the booking, and will know exactly how many kids that have for each group. If the 2-6 group is a popular age-group on the cruise, there may be no opportunity to add her in.

You also have to remember that age groups are for safety reasons as well. While your eldest daughter may be a 'young soul', physically she is still a 7yo and there may be rules against having someone physically bigger than others.

Like I started with, you may be lucky to get a considerate group of staff there, but I wouldn't be surprised if you have to keep them in their separate room. Sorry.

I would call and speak with them before the cruise, they may be able to make an acceptance if you have a doctors report that your child has a younger social age... this being said on the other hand they may exclude your child from the kids club all together claiming they are not equipped for children with disabilities.

I would call and speak with them before the cruise, they may be able to make an acceptance if you have a doctors report that your child has a younger social age... this being said on the other hand they may exclude your child from the kids club all together claiming they are not equipped for children with disabilities.

i'll give them a call. neither of the kids need any special accommodations such as hoists or anything. she's basically a 5 year old in a 7 year old body

• 8 months later...

Hi, Just wondering how you got on with this? I have just found out that P&O have changed their kids club ages! The biggest reason we booked with P&O is because our six kids will be divided by 2/2/2. Now our 7 and 10 year olds will be split. (And only because the 10 year old has a birthday 3 months earlier!)

I need to know their flexibility and whether I cancel this trip or not. :(

Thanks heaps.

In my experience, I have been successful with transferring my son to a different kids centre. I was able to move my son up from HQ (10-13) to HQ+ (14-17) when he was only 13, as there were no other kids his age in HQ. I am assuming though that this was easier, as both HQ and HQ+ do usually run combined activities anyway. I have heard of other people being able to move their little ones around between age groups. I suppose it really depends on what the staff think onboard.