Legend of the Seas Borneo Cruise March 2013 Picture Review

I want to thank you again for the great pictures and review, our cruise is Feb 3, so after looking at your pics I am even more excited as I can see again what we have to look forward to. We're looking forward to the Diamond Lounge, and you took great pics....the Solarium (which, according to RCI is adults only except for bad weather days), and our Panoramic Ocean View cabin. Thanks for taking the time for your review, once again, I know I thanked you months ago, but reliving it now was great!!

• 3 weeks later...
I just finished reading your review and loved it, sounds like you and your family had a great time. My husband and I arrive in Singapore 30 December this year and leave for a 5 night cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. First time to Singapore as well as our first cruise. So we have lots to look forward to. We are Australian.

Firstly, Singapore (very excited) and Singapore on New Year's Eve (even more excited). Secondly, the day my DH turns 50 (probably going to book Chops or Giovanni's tonight) we board the MOS sailing the Port Klang (KL). We are going to stay on the ship rather than going onshore as DH has been to KL previously for business and is happy to give it a miss. Then we sail on the Penang, where we'll go ashore. Phuket is our next port, we've been there before approximately 18 years ago (expecting lots of changes)' then we have a day at sea for our return to Singapore.

Two things that I'm going to make sure I do is to be up for the sunrise as being from Western Australia we have a land sunrise and a ocean sunset. After seeing your beautiful pictures of the sunrise especially entering Singapore, this has to be a must.

There is also a lack of reviews for the Mariner of the Seas on her Asian route. I see you're booked for a sail on her early next year.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for your review, it's given us heaps to look forward to.

Sorry I have not been checking my own thread and didn't realize that there have been a number of additional comments.

Welcome to Singapore! I hope you enjoy our small city and your cruise. Unfortunately we are not booked on the Mariner (yet).

We just returned from a Celebrity Silhouette cruise out of Rome. The review is here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1952065

Sure looks nicer than Cafe Promenade. I wouldn't be surprised if Royal went to Panera and other bakery concepts and took the best from them.

The Park Cafe seems to have more variety than the Cafe Promendae. Looking forward to my upcoming Splendour of The Seas cruise in April.

BTW Does the Splendour have the same features and looks as the Legend? Is there also a secrete staircase on the Splendour from Deck 8 Aft to the Solarium? If so would save time from Deck 3(:

Sorry, I don't know much about the Splendour.

We certainly missed the Park Cafe during our recent Celebrity Silhouette cruise!

Was there Hot Chocolate too? If so this is where I'll be going to make my Famous Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Milk and cream on top with a packet of Splenda and mix it in.

Also did they have English Breakfast Tea(Twinnings)?

I think they have English Breakfast Tea though I cannot remember which brand of tea they use. I don't think it was Twinnings.

I cannot remember if they have hot chocolate here but I recall they do have hot chocolate in the MDR. For our case, we usually bring our own 3-in1 Milo sachets. Just add hot water and my kids have their favorite Milo drink.

Hi all.. we will be on the Legend in Feb 2014, and I'm trying to determine if the Superior Ocean View with Balcony cabins have a tea/coffee pot in the cabin.. some reviews show or mention it, others say no, others say no but you can ask for it, and some say just plain no.

Any info would be appreciated

Peter

We were in a JS and we did have coffee making facilities, however I don't know the situation for balcony rooms.

I want to thank you again for the great pictures and review, our cruise is Feb 3, so after looking at your pics I am even more excited as I can see again what we have to look forward to. We're looking forward to the Diamond Lounge, and you took great pics....the Solarium (which, according to RCI is adults only except for bad weather days), and our Panoramic Ocean View cabin. Thanks for taking the time for your review, once again, I know I thanked you months ago, but reliving it now was great!!

Thanks for your comments.

The Diamond Lounge was fantastic. Take note that it can get crowded. During our cruise, the Diamond lounge was very quiet because there fewer than 50 Diamonds onboard!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for such an awesome review. I wasnt sure about booking this ship. Now I am SOLD!!!!! Hook Line and Sinker. We will be doing a March trip in 2016 and now I am excited. LOL! I have only been on the Radiance once before, and just love how it seems familiar but different.

Again, Thankyou!!!!

• 2 months later...
Thank you for such an awesome review. I wasnt sure about booking this ship. Now I am SOLD!!!!! Hook Line and Sinker. We will be doing a March trip in 2016 and now I am excited. LOL! I have only been on the Radiance once before, and just love how it seems familiar but different.

Again, Thankyou!!!!

Glad you found the review useful and hope you have a great cruise. Cheers!! :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Reading through my old review brought back fond memories.

Happy New Year to everybody. We are already in 2016.

Our most recent cruise is on the MSC Preziosa - the review is here - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2288693

Just noticed that i was on this ship and itinerary with you as well besides the Voyager trip from SG to Shanghai. How interesting.

Cool! You must like cruising too! :):)

Yup, generally go on 1-2 cruises a year all with RC so far but due to the boring and repetitive itineraries, considering trying a different cruiseline like Princess etc that sails from sg. Flying out for cruise is abit tougher since my parents will find it torturous having no Asian food.

However, Mariner has been trying to become more asian in its menu but the asian food is generally bad. I would rather they serve their usual western items which at least taste decent compared to having an Asian menu that taste nothing like what Asians expect of the food based on the titles...

Have booked a cruise on Voyager for the Oct HK -> SG trip and hope the food on Voyager is much better.

• 1 month later...

What a great photo review! This looks like a beautiful area of the world, and I really would like to see it. Palawan has been on my list for a while, and Singapore looks breathtaking. I'll make my way out there sometime soon. Your pictures were great, and I loved you writing! Thank you so much! :D

What a great photo review! This looks like a beautiful area of the world, and I really would like to see it. Palawan has been on my list for a while, and Singapore looks breathtaking. I'll make my way out there sometime soon. Your pictures were great, and I loved you writing! Thank you so much! :D

Thanks for your nice comments! Well, please do come visit Singapore. Here is our tourism website - http://www.yoursingapore.com/en.html

We are famous for our food, not just upmarket stuff but simpler and cheaper hawker fare. One of the most famous dishes would be Hainanese Chicken Rice, which looks like this.

[YOUTUBE]gLtLQwnIqNM[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for your nice comments! Well, please do come visit Singapore. Here is our tourism website - http://www.yoursingapore.com/en.html

We are famous for our food, not just upmarket stuff but simpler and cheaper hawker fare. One of the most famous dishes would be Hainanese Chicken Rice, which looks like this.

[YOUTUBE]gLtLQwnIqNM[/YOUTUBE]

wow! Thank you for the video, I would love to take a trip out someday, hopefully soon!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...