Wonder what will happen when Quantum opens may-dec 2015 bookings...

Have a feeling that when more dates are available for booking on quantum these first few sailings will have more cabins open up. Any idea when new dates and itineraries are going to open up?

My guess is next April

I actually tweeted RCI asking when fall 15 bookings will open, a few weeks ago, and have heard nothing back. DH and I plan to sail QoS sept 2015. I absolutely can't wait. DH and I are native to western pa and DH won't fly, so we've only ever sailed RCI out of Baltimore feat Grandeur and Enchantment, both Vision Class ships built in the mid 90's.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just like everyone else, I couldn't even guess when the May '15 and later sailing dates will be announced although I do recall reading an article that Portland, Maine will be visited by Quantum several times in '15 so I suspect you'll see some fall color sailings being offered in the lat Aug-end of Oct timeframe.

my guess is once those dates open up, we will be getting a lot of movement: dropping out of the earlier dates that were nabbed up bc everything was selling out so fast...

I am one of those people. I currently have a Dec 2014 8 Night Bahamas cruise booked on the Quantum. But I would really rather go in June 2015 after my DD graduates college and before she starts a new job. I'll keep this booking for now and hopefully once they open the 2015 bookings for that timeframe one of the itineraries will fit our schedule. Cannot wait, I hope it's early next year. ;)

They may move the ship. Alaska, take real advantage of the North Star.

RCCL already said QOS will be sailing Bermuda, Bermuda/S Caribbean and Canada Cruises, so she isn't going anywhere any time soon. Maybe the Athem will be doing Alaska - who knows...

That's what she'll be sailing for the time being. They haven't committed quantum to NJ past the dates posted and that's a fact. She was built for cold weather.

That's correct, she was built for cold weather which is what you have in the tri-state area from Oct through April. Especially the winter where it's cold on deck the first 2 days out and the last 2 days coming back and you loose 4 days on a 7 night cruise. If she brings in a lot of money in this area and I'm sure she will, I feel confident that she is here to stay. Although I know people not in this area want her to leave. We will have to see.

That's correct, she was built for cold weather which is what you have in the tri-state area from Oct through April. Especially the winter where it's cold on deck the first 2 days out and the last 2 days coming back and you loose 4 days on a 7 night cruise. If she brings in a lot of money in this area and I'm sure she will, I feel confident that she is here to stay. Although I know people not in this area want her to leave. We will have to see.

Only time will tell. Rccl hasn't committed her yet for a reason. Not saying they won't. If the case was she's there to stay why not make that clear from the onset.

Only time will tell. Rccl hasn't committed her yet for a reason. Not saying they won't. If the case was she's there to stay why not make that clear from the onset.

RCCL is very secretive, but even more so this time around then with previous class ships. With all the "more to come's", on the deck plans, you would think they would announce at least one each month.

• 4 weeks later...

We want to transfer our booking to the may 7th 9-day sailing Bermuda/Caribbean, but when do those itineraries become available? I was thinking that we'd rather go in May when it's a bit warmer but not quite into the Caribbean hurricane season.

With Norwegian having a brand new ship in New York, and Carnival bringing the still very new Carnival Splendor to NYC, I would think Quantum OTS will stay in NYC for quite some time. But hey I know as much as the next guy so

Archived