Drink questions - Poesia

stanatedj

So I have a group of about 10 of us that are possibly going to book the Poesia for next summer to do their Eastern Med tour. That said, I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the drinks package for US citizens. We have been told that if we sign up for the "Fantasia" package we will get 12 drink coupons? Is this above and beyond coffee and water or must we use those for water and coffee as well? My group has no issue with buying a drink package if need be, but we are trying to figure out what those coupons do and don't cover and what is automatically 'given' in terms of drinks like coffee. Also, it appears that drinks are in the 7-12 Euro range and the all inclusive drink package is quite expensive and would amount to some 30 or so drinks while onboard...does that sound right? (Again no problem with it - just trying to do the math)

So I have a group of about 10 of us that are possibly going to book the Poesia for next summer to do their Eastern Med tour. That said, I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the drinks package for US citizens. We have been told that if we sign up for the "Fantasia" package we will get 12 drink coupons? Is this above and beyond coffee and water or must we use those for water and coffee as well? My group has no issue with buying a drink package if need be, but we are trying to figure out what those coupons do and don't cover and what is automatically 'given' in terms of drinks like coffee. Also, it appears that drinks are in the 7-12 Euro range and the all inclusive drink package is quite expensive and would amount to some 30 or so drinks while onboard...does that sound right? (Again no problem with it - just trying to do the math)

I think is best to call them

• 2 weeks later...

I called because we had the same questions. We are sailing on the Poesia.

We do not have drink coupons included but hopefully my explanation will help you understand where you can use them.

Included in your cruise fare as at every meal you will be served at no extra charge: bottled water, hot tea, iced tea, juice

At a premium at meals and on the ship are soda, any alcohol, premium coffee drinks(think latte, frappe, frappucino, etc), milkshakes, soft serve ice cream , etc.

So essentially any other beverage that is not served with meals is what you can use get coupon for.

We will buy a beer and wine package and pay a la carte for anything else we need. They will save the bottle of wine for the next meal for you and the beer ends up being 50% off the onboard price if we buy it now. We nixed the all inclusive package because A. We don't drink enough to take advantage of that B. I don't drink coffee C. Our kids would have to purchase an all inclusive package as well and they only drink water so that would be ridiculous D. If I drank enough to take advantage of that package I would need to seriously reevaluate my life. LOL

I hope this helps!

I called because we had the same questions. We are sailing on the Poesia.

We do not have drink coupons included but hopefully my explanation will help you understand where you can use them.

Included in your cruise fare as at every meal you will be served at no extra charge: bottled water, hot tea, iced tea, juice

Not true! In the MDR, hot tea & coffee and juice drinks are only served at breakfast. Those from the US are given bottled water without charge at lunch and dinner. You need a drinks package to have iced tea included when sailing in the Med or use vouchers.

You would have to use the coupons outside of the MDR and buffet for coffees and water in the bars & lounges around the ship. However, tea, coffee and water are available 24/7 for free in the buffet and juice is available there at breakfast, too, without charge.

• 7 months later...

Díd you sail the Poesia with your group yet? We are a group of six adults and purchased the Aurea package as it seemed quite inexpensive. I'm most interested in wines, especially since this is an Italian company. We're there good wines as part of the drink package?