[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:10 PM.
NW Ohio
8,722 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Donna,

Yes, you are certainly doing well with your bookings and your Diamond status on RCCL. We have cruised with them a couple of times recently as we have friends who live in Bradenton, FL who only cruise RCCL and we wanted to join them. They also have Diamond status.

Yes, Viking is somewhat pricey, but there is a lot included that is extra on the "mainstream" lines. All cabins are verandas on the Viking ships. Wine, beer and soda are complimentary at lunch and dinner. And, if those beverages aren't to your liking, you are welcome to bring your own onboard. And no corkage fee for bringing your own wine to dinner.

There is always an included excursion at every port and if the center of the city is a distance from the ship, Viking provides a shuttle at no charge. Other cruise lines either provide a shuttle at a charge or no shuttle. When we were in Venice, Viking provided a shuttle into St. Mark's Square. Princess provided a shuttle for their passengers at the cost of $20 pp.
It's the little things like that that have made us loyal to Viking. That and the smaller ship size. Only 900 passengers.

Becki
1,380 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Wow, it sounds nice ! I know I had clients who only sailed Azamara or Oceania. I was so envious. I love the smaller ships! I look forward to sailing on the Empress again now that she is back in RCCL's fleet. She is a small ship but so pretty. We did an 11 night sailing on her years ago and it was by far one of our favorite trips. She is doing Cuba on a few of her itineraries which I would love to do. (I don't want to spend days there, just a day or two to see Havana.) Anyway - I have a busy day. I will stop in again
NW Ohio
8,722 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Hi, Donna!

We cruised on the Empress to Cuba last June. It was great! We just booked the Majesty of the Seas to do Cuba overnite in September. I am hoping to go to a club and hear some Latin music and see some dancing. Love that! It is out of Tampa again so we can drive down a week beforehand and visit with our friends in The Villages.

Becki
Plattsburgh, New York
2,056 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Thought I was a thing of the past. Think again. Hope you are all well.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Northern New York
Carnival:Destiny, Valor, Freedom, Fantasy, Glory,
Miracle, Legend, Paradise
Norwegian Cruise Line:Breakaway, Jewel, Spirit, Pride of America, Majesty, Dawn
Celebrity:Millennium, Century, Galaxy, Silhouette
Holland America:Westerdam (old one), Noordam, Veendam, Nieuw Amsterdam
Princess: Dawn
Royal Caribbean:Enchantment of the Seas, Jewel of the
Seas, Indepedence of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas