Princess Cays all day?

kydesperado

This will be our first time to Princess Caye, will be there 8-5. Just wondering if there is enough there to spend the entire time on the island or will this be about a half day for us?

Figuring it to be a beach day unless we see other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

If you are there 8-5, realistically you can spend 8:30-4:30 ashore. Don't have any idea of your interests or motivations, so can't say if you will be occupied for all day, or less. Not sure how we would know that.

Yes, it is a beach day, for the most part, if you want it to be. There are also some excursions you could do.

• 1 month later...

If you are adventurous, rent a car and see Eleuthera (the island Princess Cays is a part of). It is gorgeous, safe, and uncrowded. There are many stretches of empty public beach. Catch lunch at the Rainbow Inn. Check out some videos people have posted online. It is a special place, and a shame more passengers don't travel outside PC to see it,

If you are adventurous, rent a car and see Eleuthera (the island Princess Cays is a part of). It is gorgeous, safe, and uncrowded. There are many stretches of empty public beach. Catch lunch at the Rainbow Inn. Check out some videos people have posted online. It is a special place, and a shame more passengers don't travel outside PC to see it,

Ooh this sounds right up my alley. Are there easy car rental places outside the gate, or do I need to book in advance? It’ll be my first time at the port and any advice re: renting a car would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will post two links here. I do not want to break any link rules on CC, so hopefully they don't get redacted. The first is to a thread from trip advisor on renting cars in Eleuthera. The second is to a site with further info about it. Bear in mind that you will be in the southern part of the island. It is a very long, narrow island. Be sure to find a company close to where you will be. I cannot recommend one specifically as it has been a long time since I have done this, but the trip advisor link has some specific recs. Again, I highly recommend the rainbow inn for lunch, if you find their website, they also have some rental recs. You could email the rainbow, tell them you are coming from a cruise ship to get lunch, and would they suggest a particular company.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147428-i1135-k7560462-Best_car_rental-Eleuthera_Out_Islands_Bahamas.html

https://www.eleuthera-map.com/rental-cars.htm

Happy travels!

After looking further, I will get a bit more specific. I would start by contacting the rental companies in rock sound listed at the bottom of the second link in my previous post. See if they will bring a car to you at princess cays. The rainbow inn, which I recommended, is 90 minutes north, so probably too far. Still, Eleuthera is great to explore. You are probably within reach of the town of Governors Harbour, and there will be cool places to stop on the way to and from.