Looking for a way to kill a few final hours

jacobtsf

We will be in GC in August and have an excursion (Glass bottom sub, turtle farm, rum cakes, Hell) that says it will get us back in Georgetown at 2:15. The boat doesn't leave until 6 (so I am assuming last tender is 5:00-5:15ish). What are some options to fill in those last few hours (that isn't just "go to the beach:" or "shop")? Is that enough time to see the stingrays? If there are no great options what about suggestions for a nice lunch that isn't a franchise place.

Edited by jacobtsf

There is great snorkeling from shore not far from where the tenders dock. I forget the name, but there is a restaurant and booth out front where you can rent equipment reasonably. They have lockers for your things. Just turn right out of the gates and it’s maybe 1/2 mile or so down on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is great snorkeling from shore not far from where the tenders dock. I forget the name, but there is a restaurant and booth out front where you can rent equipment reasonably. They have lockers for your things. Just turn right out of the gates and it’s maybe 1/2 mile or so down on the right.

Paradise Restaurant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

We always go to Paradise when in GC. I snorkel from shore and husband hangs in restaurant which has nice outside area. In February while snorkeling I spotted shark ( probably 5-6 ft) below me cruising around reef. I just followed him, snorkeling on surface, for probably 10 or 15 minutes. Was so cool .....and free. They do have snorkel equipment for rent if you need it. Steps to water so easy in and out. I don't even think it is 1/2 mile from port. More like 1/4 I think. Anyway, not far. Good way to spend couple hours if you like to snorkel.

Jane

That's Eden Rock and yes some really cool snorkeling there..usually see at least a sea turtle, many fish.....

• 2 weeks later...
We also like going to "hang out" at Paradise to have a drinks or two and overlook the water and watch those snorkeling. :D

We were just there today. Here's their menu. Prices are in Grand Cayman dollars.

Photos%2B2%2Bon%2BAug%2B27%252C%2B2018%252C%2B11_23_38%2BAM.jpg

Photos%2Bon%2BAug%2B27%252C%2B2018%252C%2B11_23_38%2BAM.jpg

Not sure why the photos are different sizes, so I hope you can read them.