Your cruiseline preference to Cuba ?

mackie

I say look at the ports and the time ashore, and then make a decision. Most ships sailing to Cuba right now are the older/smaller in their fleets, so it truly boils down to the itinerary.

We chose the Empress of the Seas for our cruise, and we had an absolutely fantastic time. Not because of the ship (we loved her, but she was not the reason why we chose this cruise), but because of the itinerary. We chose a stop in Havana that allowed us to spend the night there without having to cram everything in one day. We arrived in the afternoon, so we got off the ship, wandered around, had dinner at a restaurant that we had looked up in advance, and returned to the ship while some members of our group went back out for some nightlife. Then the next day we all went back out, toured in classic cars, had lunch at a paladar and then walked around some more before leaving.

Ideally we would’ve taken a cruise that stopped at more ports in Cuba, but the time frame for the 14 family members that traveled only worked for this short itinerary.

Whatever you chose, enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on the Victory for next year. We've cruised it twice so we know our way around it. My hubby is a musician with weekly gigs on Tuesday and Thursday so their Friday-Monday cruise worked for our schedule. We only get Havana for one day but it's a way to get our feet wet.

We went on Fathom, which no longer exists, but I would seek out something similar. The ship held 700 passengers, we did a 7 day Cuba-only itinerary, with stops in Santiago de Cuba, Cienfuegos and 2 days in Havana. Oceania has cruises with similar ships and itineraries. I would look at their offerings if I were to go again.

We have only done one Cuban cruise (it won't be our last) and it was on Majesty of the Seas. We didn't book for the ship; we booked because it was going to Havana. That being said, the ship was wonderful and the service did not disappoint.

... We arrived in the afternoon, so we got off the ship, wandered around, had dinner at a restaurant that we had looked up in advance, and returned to the ship while some members of our group went back out for some nightlife. Then the next day we all went back out, toured in classic cars, had lunch at a paladar and then walked around some more before leaving.

...s

I'm reading about the "people to people" requirements (at least for US residents...and that being the easiest one of the categories to meet) for each day...did you do that??

I'm reading about the "people to people" requirements (at least for US residents...and that being the easiest one of the categories to meet) for each day...did you do that??

We selected “Support for the Cuban People”. It’s my understanding that, after the policy changes that went into effect in 2017, you can no longer select “People to People” unless you’re part of an organized group. We were advices that independent travelers should select Support for the Cuban people instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums