Silver Whisper dry dock extended

eastwoodboy

Just heard today from my TA that our 26th November sailing is cancelled to enable the December drydock to be extended to 23 days. Rather short notice and both pre and after hotels booked so be interesting to see what they offer.

For only the second time in 26 SS cruises I took their air package and on both occasions there has been a need to adjust them. If I book myself there is never a problem so beware in the future if you are on the same cruise and I have taken the SS flights!

So, the big 17-day holiday cruise that departs on Dec 20 will be the break-in voyage before the World Cruise starts in San Fran on Jan 6? Based on SS's recent past with ship refurbishments, it's a bit scary to contemplate. Hopefully, the extra time SS is devoting to the dry dock will enable the ship to have a clean relaunch. Otherwise, if the work isn't completed on time and they continue to perform work during the holiday voyage, I can only imagine the negative press they'll receive.

So, the big 17-day holiday cruise that departs on Dec 20 will be the break-in voyage before the World Cruise starts in San Fran on Jan 6? Based on SS's recent past with ship refurbishments, it's a bit scary to contemplate. Hopefully, the extra time SS is devoting to the dry dock will enable the ship to have a clean relaunch. Otherwise, if the work isn't completed on time and they continue to perform work during the holiday voyage, I can only imagine the negative press they'll receive.

The holiday cruise was always the first cruise after the refit. Eastwoodboy’s cruise (the one cancelled) was the last one prior to the refit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just heard today from my TA that our 26th November sailing is cancelled to enable the December drydock to be extended to 23 days. Rather short notice and both pre and after hotels booked so be interesting to see what they offer.

For only the second time in 26 SS cruises I took their air package and on both occasions there has been a need to adjust them. If I book myself there is never a problem so beware in the future if you are on the same cruise and I have taken the SS flights!

That just happened to us. We has connected 3 voyages, so we had to tack on one on the beginning to replace the one on the end increasing length by 2 days, which they covered.

SS have got off lighty as I have managed to cancel both hotels without penalty and saved them a lot of money especially as the first one was very expensive. So I am now reviewing the various offers they have put forward.

They have offered a couple of cruises at no extra cost, one 2 days longer and another 5 days longer the first of which we are considering. We also have the option to cancel with full refund and have 20% off another 2 specified cruises or 10 % off any other.

We are also considering one of the cruises with the 20% discount. However I have done my calculations and find that whilst both cruises are of 11 days the one with the 20% discount works out at more than the cancelled one. They are in the same month and same area so no great compensation involved there.

Plenty to consider before I have word with TA on Monday to see what we do.

I will be on my first Silversea Cruise on the Whisper boarding December 20. I really hope it will be a smooth ride and that we will not suffer from a not fully completed refurbishment.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

I will be on my first Silversea Cruise on the Whisper boarding December 20. I really hope it will be a smooth ride and that we will not suffer from a not fully completed refurbishment.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

Hi SSCAF001. We're on this cruise too, and hoping the refurbishment will be complete as well!

Please join our roll call and sign up for the meet & mingle.

Roll call: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2616303

Meet & mingle: https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=35