Guest Speaker missed the boat !

Host Hattie

I loved the quote:

'Watching that boat sail away from Gothenberg was the most depressing moment in my life,'

I had memories of Hyacinth Bouquet watching QE2 sail off into the distance without her...........

You took the words out of my mouth :'):'):')

I loved the quote:

'Watching that boat sail away from Gothenberg was the most depressing moment in my life,'

I had memories of Hyacinth Bouquet watching QE2 sail off into the distance without her...........

Humble correction please: It's Hyacinth Bucket, pronounced Bouquet. I would love to see Onslo and Daisy on our upcoming QM2 cruise! Onslo is my hero!

Humble correction please: It's Hyacinth Bucket, pronounced Bouquet. I would love to see Onslo and Daisy on our upcoming QM2 cruise! Onslo is my hero!

It would have to be a look a like as the actor that played Onslo- Geoffrey Hughes died in 2012.

Hilarious :') and to think, this is someone who was elected to run our country .

Oh, I would be happy if some active politicians would miss the boat....

Also, I think that most of the quotes must have been invented. Newspapers do this regularly in these days.

I cannot imagine someone describing missing the QE as the most depressing moment in their life.

Odd. He was " wise" enough to become Home Secretary..... but too dumb to pay attention to the departure time of a ship ?

Wondering what such a scatter-brain would have had to lecture about~~~ that would have been worthwhile to listen to.

Once on the QE2 we had the pleasure to have the actress Judy Cornwell that played Daisy as a Guest Speaker.

She spoke of her experience in acting and also gave us a special presentation from part of one of a show with her in character.

She had us rolling on the floor. She got standing applause from even those that never heard from her and now new fans.

The greatest pleasure was to see her at the Captains Party dressed so elegantly, difference from her TV character.

She is such a down to earth lovely lady and not stuck up.