Greenock (Glasgow) Car Rental Help

We will be in docking in Greenock in July. We are not having any success in finding a car rental company near the port (without going into Glasgow). Has anyone rented a car from Greenock. We are a group of three and would like to explore the surrounding area without going on a ships tour. Any help?

A Google search shows Arnold Clark (a Ford Dealer) as car rental agents in Greenock, but their website does not show Greenock as a collection point. It would be worth an email to them asking if you could collect a car there for a day's rental:

rental.reservations@arnoldclark.com

Note that they will assume a stick shift unless you specify an automatic.

Thanks. I did contact them and they do not have rentals from Greenock, I guess we will have to look for a private tour or cab for this port.

We took a tour with Discover Scotland from Greenock. This was a shared private tour and this company is rated 5 stars on TripAdvisor. The vehicle was a small bus, capacity around 20 people. Very comfortable, lots of leg room. It went to Loch Lomond, Trossocks and Stirling Castle, also two other small beautiful towns one of which was for our lunch break. I know you want to tour independently but this was a very good tour with an excellent driver.

I would think unless you are staying in the area to tour that a taxi might be quite expensive. The sights we saw were at least an hour away, same for Glasgow which driver drove through on way back and made a photo stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal