Celebrity Edge Stateroom Advice

chowna

I see the notches on the deck plans, but which is which? If the notch is at the top, is the bed next to the balcony or the bathroom? We, too, prefer the bed next to the bath but when we booked this cruise more than a year ago, they had no information on the room setup.
An example would be 6232 has the bed near the balcony and 6234 has it by the bath. I believe that the triangles are triples and the squares are quads as well. And the connecting line in the middle of some cabins are connecting cabins, so avoid those because of the propensity of hearing your neighbor easier.

I see the notches on the deck plans, but which is which? If the notch is at the top, is the bed next to the balcony or the bathroom? We, too, prefer the bed next to the bath but when we booked this cruise more than a year ago, they had no information on the room setup.

My guess is that when the wall juts out at the top it would be the bed by the bath - see rendering below of the bed by the balcony (and the wall jutting out near the balcony) and where the wall juts out near the bath, the bed is near the bath:

th?id=OIP.cHtSix6v7HoGwup6Fu5k-wHaEK&pid=15.1&P=0&w=297&h=168

Thanks, vtcruising and SNJcruisers, for the clarification. Unfortunately, we’re in our less-preferred configuration but there are no others to switch to in Concierge class. Oh, well, it’s a small detail that won’t spoil the cruise.

Thanks, vtcruising and SNJcruisers, for the clarification. Unfortunately, we’re in our less-preferred configuration but there are no others to switch to in Concierge class. Oh, well, it’s a small detail that won’t spoil the cruise.

I would keep an eye out, especially when final payments are due. There may be some cancelations with your preferred configuration. 😃

Also, I was taking a look at the deck plan of edge. Anyone know what's on Deck 13?Trying to see if it's okay to stay on Deck 12. if deck 13 is not all cabins, then I will look at deck 11.

There is no Deck 13.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
is Deck 12 good on this ship? I don't see the plan for Deck 13, so not sure if deck 13 is activity area or not. If it is, then I would want to stick to decks lower than 12.

I am on deck 12 rm 12114 which is right next the suites so would assume not to loud. If they're paying upper price you would be upset if you're hearing a lot of thumping

Well, 12th deck (12114) puts you right under the start of the Solarium (adult pool area). Maybe not the most active area but you probably will hear chairs or walking above you. Always check ship decks above and below you - decks with cabins above and below are usually the quietest. The area above the suites next to you has not been revealed yet.

I agree with twodjs - because of the reports from S Class aft on deck 12 about noise from above (some from corner suites also complained about noise from OVC), I booked deck 11 aft. That said, we will see what people report back from this ship. There may not be a noise issue and who knows, deck 12 balconies may have some advantage such as bigger balconies or more privacy. We won't know until she sails. Those aft verandas look awesome - enjoy! :D

I agree with twodjs - because of the reports from S Class aft on deck 12 about noise from above (some from corner suites also complained about noise from OVC), I booked deck 11 aft. That said, we will see what people report back from this ship. There may not be a noise issue and who knows, deck 12 balconies may have some advantage such as bigger balconies or more privacy. We won't know until she sails. Those aft verandas look awesome - enjoy! :D

Sorry, NanPop, I was thinking you were near the aft suites. It looks like you are under the solarium, if you look at the plans below for decks 12 and 14 and using the elevators as a marker to see where your cabin lines up. Most of the suites will be under a yet to be defined space. As someone said, there is no deck 13 (too unlucky ;)).

You will be close to the solarium and Spa Café, which is nice.

deck12.gifdeck14-2018.gif

Does anyone know where I'd be able to find more information on the Panoramic Oceanview staterooms? Looks like it's floor to ceiling windows, which would be awesome if true, but I can't seem to confirm it.

We have a group on the 2/24/19 cruise and several are in the panoramic ocean view. Based on what I have read and seen in renderings, it looks like floor to ceiling windows -- the same as the infinite balconies, only the window will not open. It looks like the rooms are as large as the infinite balcony rooms also.

Does anyone know where I'd be able to find more information on the Panoramic Oceanview staterooms? Looks like it's floor to ceiling windows, which would be awesome if true, but I can't seem to confirm it.

I found them described as " Mid-ship cabins with panoramic view - No operable window" and:

Panoramic Stateroom

Cabin: 212 sqft (20 m2)

28 Staterooms

whereas the Edge Infinite Veranda:

Cabin: 201 sqft (19 m2)

Balcony: 42 sqft (4 m2)

Here is the schematic from a cruise deck site:

72-5.jpg

The following is a picture of an ocean view cabin after the Celebrity Revolution where they plan to "Edge-ify" the other ships - it looks like floor to ceiling windows (not sure if it is exactly like the Edge's panoramic ocean views, but maybe gives you an idea?)

3%20-%20celebrity%20revolution%20new%20modern%20luxury%20design%20staterooms.jpg?itok=c2FWCgUU

Thank you vtcruising & Pushkin. We're really interested in one of the Europe sailings, but it's pricier than other ships (Celebrity & non-Celebrity, for obvious reasons.) We're thinking in a port-intensive cruise, we won't *need* a balcony, but the Panoramic Ocean View looks like it gives us great light, and should be better than just a port-hole window. So it might be a good option to get on the ship & this particular itinerary.

• 1 month later...
We are booked in AQ with bed by balc...could not change it

to our preferred bed by bath. . I hope that configuration does not overly cut the room in half. The folding doors have to go somewhere??????

Btw..keeping balc doors open impacts other cabins with a whooshing noise into the hallway and is discouraged by cruise line for other reasons!

Hcat, are you saying here that we’re going to be discouraged from keeping the folding doors open or just the infinity window down? We’re hoping to keep the folding doors open to have a clearer view to the sea!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We would have preferred bed by the bath as we always do......but will enjoy what we have.

Without actually seeing the area, hard to know how it will work...We'd probably want the bifold doors open to make the room larger. Not sure if you can have them open and also open the window???? Not sure if same whooshing noise would occur as it does when folks leave standard balc doors open in neighboring staterooms, Lots to discover!

I do very much like the more soothing warmer tones shown in the posting here....better than the grey colder tones shown for EDGE...This could be nice for those of us planning to go back to reg S class after EDGE...I will have to save the schedule for S class EDGE-ING

Sorry, NanPop, I was thinking you were near the aft suites. It looks like you are under the solarium, if you look at the plans below for decks 12 and 14 and using the elevators as a marker to see where your cabin lines up. Most of the suites will be under a yet to be defined space. As someone said, there is no deck 13 (too unlucky ;)).

You will be close to the solarium and Spa Café, which is nice.

deck12.gifdeck14-2018.gif

On S Class , under the Aqua Spa Cafe is said to be noisy,..we avoid those cabins.

• 3 weeks later...

I do wish someone could clear up whether or not all sky suites will have the bed facing the balcony (as stated in advertisements by Celebrity) or if only some categories of sky suites will have this since there's renderings of both floating around. This has been the main thing plaguing me since I booked our cabin! And if not all are facing the balcony, then the age old question of - bed by balcony or bathroom, or is this even a question with this new class? Still too many unknowns!

Hcat, are you saying here that we’re going to be discouraged from keeping the folding doors open or just the infinity window down? We’re hoping to keep the folding doors open to have a clearer view to the sea!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Keeping the bi fold doors open and window closed should not make noise like the noise that occurs when folks keep regular balc doors open..

no one knows what would happen with the half window open and bi folds open...Celeb will have to provide guidance once the ship is built and at sea...

I do wish someone could clear up whether or not all sky suites will have the bed facing the balcony (as stated in advertisements by Celebrity) or if only some categories of sky suites will have this since there's renderings of both floating around. This has been the main thing plaguing me since I booked our cabin! And if not all are facing the balcony, then the age old question of - bed by balcony or bathroom, or is this even a question with this new class? Still too many unknowns!

Kelly:

This email address is for questions from people who are already booked. It wouldn't hurt to ask about the bed. They may not know, but who knows, they may have some info. Just make sure that you come back and tell us. I want to know which way I am going to be facing! :D

CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com

Odd that Celebrity doesn't show designs for all 3 Sky Suite categories, since each is different. Did a search and found a cruise deck plan site that shows all 3 categories with pictures and details of each. On that site only S2s have a bed facing the water. Since all three are bigger than regular cabins and don't have a recess for the bed placement, don't think any beds are close to the balcony (in response to a question from another post). Perhaps someone else can confirm this with Celebrity. Hope this helps.

Odd that Celebrity doesn't show designs for all 3 Sky Suite categories, since each is different. Did a search and found a cruise deck plan site that shows all 3 categories with pictures and details of each. On that site only S2s have a bed facing the water. Since all three are bigger than regular cabins and don't have a recess for the bed placement, don't think any beds are close to the balcony (in response to a question from another post). Perhaps someone else can confirm this with Celebrity. Hope this helps.

twodjs

Yes, early on the sky suites were touted for "The unique, outward-facing design of the Sky Suite offers breath taking views of the outdoors from anywhere in the stateroom, with a window between the bathroom and living space, which allows daylight to shine into the bathroom through the veranda. The king-sized bed was also rotated to face the ocean, promising guests the most awe-inspiring visuals and unrivaled comfort." Soon thereafter a deck plan website showed 3 different designs with only the S2 facing the ocean and we have wondered ever since.

Though it would be cool, the bed facing away from the ocean is not a deal breaker for me, but I love the idea of the mirror/window in back of the bed (it looks like it would only work when bed is facing the ocean). I think it would be cool to have the mirror that changes into a window at the flick of a switch, although I can think of a few embarrassing situations, such as the butler or suite attendant walking in while you are in the bathroom enjoying the view. :D

I really don't think we will know for sure until reports start coming back from the first cruise. I have done a lot of detective work and keep coming back to the renditions that show 3 different set ups. I am prepared for my S1 and S3 to be like the renditions, but if the bed is facing the ocean, I will be pleasantly surprised. :D

I went back and reread some of the Sky Suite thread and there was discussion way back about this and a little more info, if anyone is interested.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2472839

Keeping the bi fold doors open and window closed should not make noise like the noise that occurs when folks keep regular balc doors open..

no one knows what would happen with the half window open and bi folds open...Celeb will have to provide guidance once the ship is built and at sea...

hcat, just wanted to let you know that when I emailed celebrityonetouch, they called me back within a few hours to answer some questions I had asked by email. While I had her on the phone, I also asked about a wool allergy and the cashmere mattresses and she researched it. This was her response: being allergic to wool doesn't necessarily mean that you will be allergic to cashmere - you need to be allergic to baby cashmere goats to have an issue (and some people are allergic to the moths that get into cashmere clothing, which she says they have no moths onboard :D). I guess our mattresses will be made from goats. ;) She said that if you are allergic to baby cashmere goats to call the special needs number and they would take care of you.

Great service for Celebrity to call back within hours (Monica)! :D

(866) 592-7225 or send an e-mail to special_needs@celebrity.com

Thank you for inquiring for me.. The person I spoke to NEVER called me back.,.I will call her again today,

I am allergic to Cashmere clothing so the mattresses stuffed with it will probably be the same.,I think I will have a problem unless they can do more than tell me I won't be allergic to their mattresses,

I will probably have to bring a plastic cover and hope for the best but wont book another X cruise until I see how it goes,..

Update: spoke to another rep in Special Needs...my inquiry is still on file...I am requesting a non mohair mattress or a plastic cover...,,Allergies are serious issues, esp when the throat closes up...( wool silk, mohair) so I am hoping they find a solution, I won' t be the onky one... thanks again for your help

Edited by hcat