[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:29 PM.
McKinney, Texas
5,220 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by Mary Leslie
We're going to Fairbury tomorrow morning for the funeral.......just a simple service at the cemetary followed by lunch so we should be back home by mid afternoon.

We're getting ready for a garage sale over Labor Day week-end...............so much stuff
Tell the truth is the "STUFF" Steve's My new glasses are ready so we'll stop by and pick them up on our way to "stand up dinner" tonight. Hope they make me look younger
McKinney, Texas
5,220 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
It was 106 degrees at 2:00 today when we went with # 3 son and DIL to look at lights for the new house. We'll be freezing on our cruise......temps are to be between 71 and 57...Brrrrr after this HOT summer. Pasta with grilled chicken for dinner tonight along with a nice white wine.
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
106..............you will love those cooler temps on your cruise!!! We ran into a massive rainstorm on our way back home yesterday................finally we had to pull over because we couldn't see what was in front of us. I won't be needing a car wash

Steve's dad has been ailing. He took another fall acouple of weeks ago......nothing broken, but dosn't have any strength to walk. He's been in a rehab center for about a week now, but the future is very uncertain.
McKinney, Texas
5,220 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
I'm saddened to hear that Steve's Dad is in rehab....very difficult to see someone you love go downhill....he'll be in my prayers.
Cool front must have come in ......99 degrees and it is 1:00. School starts for all of the grandkids tomorrow. Wonder if Lori left for NYC yet?
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
FIL a little better yesterday according to Dorothy, but still can't walk or do much of anything without assistance. Thanks for your concern and prayers.

Steve and I are seriously considering a move to an over-55 community within the next year..........right here in Naperville We have found a model that we both really like.............and I guess I'm about ready to give up mowing, shoveling, trimming, etc.
14,864 Posts
Joined May 2005
have not left yet......wed.

Mary my thought was to go to a 55 above community when Wayne turned 55 ....that was in January. Thought we would leave the kids here and we would move....but it looks like that is not going to happen.

Still has not settled down here.

Lri
McKinney, Texas
5,220 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
I didn't know that you or Steve were 55....but think it is a terrific idea. Although we are not in an adult community this was a great move for us.....we just lock the door and leave If we move again it would be one story......some days I think using the steps actually helps my aches and pains.....after all your body is made to move.
Lori have a safe trip and enjoy your time away........how is Mom?
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Hope it is an easy trip to NYC!! The more thought I give to down-sizing the more I like the idea..................like said, Gail.......just close the door and go. I also like the idea of 24 hour security.

We're expecting rain again today and tomorrow.
McKinney, Texas
5,220 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Down sizing only makes things easier.......better to down size when you "want to" rather than when you "have to". Mary, I see a smile on your face just thinking about getting rid of Steve's STUFF. Another hot one for us 102......our big errand of the day was purchasing more Limoncello!!
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Of course that earthquake was just for Lori..............or did she cause it No quakes here, but we sure had a lot of rain yesterday.............along with a good amount of thunder and lightning.........good thing my faithful companion, Reilly was here to protect me

I never thought getting rid of stuff could be so invigorating!!!
Naperville,IL
3,365 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Time to mow the yard Everything is sooooo green here with all of the rain...........I guess things are a bit on the crispy side in Dallas. How many days above 100
McKinney, Texas
5,220 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Originally posted by Mary Leslie
Almost forgot to mention!!! Russell Crowe is renting a house in Naperville while he's filming Superman
Your house????
McKinney, Texas
5,220 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Things really are crisp here.....many dead trees......some newly planted and others that are large and once gorgeous. We had 40 consecutive days of 100 degrees or more....the record is 42 in 1980. The record for 100 plus days in a year was also in 1980 at 69 days.....we will be at 65 the end of the month if these 100 plus days continue. In 115 years of keeping records only 1 time was the low temperature 85 degrees.....this summer 9 times that record was tied or exceeded...............NO wonder I am HOT.