[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:44 AM.
Ontario, Canada
4,553 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by Gracie115
Anyone have any idea who is the Piano Bar player on the Noordam right now...or even if there is one....sailing on her in 2 weeks!!!
Last I heard from friends who were on 2 weeks ago, it was Jeremy Oren.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Louis

September 2018 - 22-day Koningsdam - Iberian Adventures & Mediterranean Dream
February 2019 - 30-day Volendam - Incan Empires

HAL 20 cruises Princess 3 cruises NCL 2 cruises
Temecula, California
241 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
Originally posted by taxmantoo
Don't know about the Maasdam but do know that Stryker is getting on the Veendam on July 8 ... and so are we
I wish he was on Maasdam on July 8th as we board her that day! We had a great time with him at the keyboard!!!! Enjoy his wonderful talent on Veendam!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Cruising!
Ross
Azure Seas
RCCL Viking Serenade, Rhapsody OTS, Vision OTS, Navigator OTS, Liberty OTS,

Adventure OTS
NCL Sea, NCL Sun, NCL Star
HAL Oosterdam, Westerdam, Eurodam, Maasdam
CCL Elation, Inspiration, Breeze
X Infinity, X Century

Sapphire Princess

3,033 Posts
Joined Nov 2000

Thank you - we embark this Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming: 09/18 NCL Bliss, 12/18 Celebrity Edge, 02/19 Royal Princess South America, 03/19 NCL Breakaway, 11/19 NCL Encore, 10/19 NCL Gem NE/Canada, 02/20 Celebrity Eclipse Antarctica
~~~~~~
Previous: 01/18 Celebrity Equinox, 04/18 P&O Australia, 04/18 RCCL Explorer TransPacific, 11/17 DCL Magic, 08/17 Diamond Princess, 06/17 HAL Noordam NB Alask, a, 03/17 RCCL Liberty of Seas, 11/16 Celebrity Infinity (full Panama Canal transit), 05/16 Fathom, 04/16 NCL Escape, 03/16 NCL Dawn, 11/21/15 NCL Jade, 11/30/15 NCL Sky (15th anniversary of cruising - same stateroom!), 01/16 DCL Wonder, 05/14 Carnival Dream , 08/14 Norwegian Star - Baltics from Copenhagen , 09/14 Westbound Transatlantic on Disney Magic BCN-SJU
12/13 Disney Magic Bahamas, 11/13 Caribbean Princess, 06/13 NCL Spirit Barcelona to Venice with Turkey and Croatia,
05/13 Disney Eastbound Transatlantic Galveston-BCN ,
11/12 - Disney Western Caribbean,
09/11 - Disney Westbound TransAtlantic BCN-MCO , 03/09 - Celebrity Southern Caribbean
03/06 - Celebrity Infinity Eastern Caribbean , 06/05 - NCL Sun Alaska
11/04 - HAL ms Zuiderdam Eastern Caribbean , 11/03 - HAL ms Maasdam Western Caribbean
03/2003 S/S Norway E. Caribbean Wedding Cruise ~ Married on the beach on St John, USVI!
12/01 - Celebrity Galaxy Southern Caribbean , 12/00 - NCL Sky Western Caribbean
Arlington, Virginia
2,806 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
We got off the Noordam yesterday and the Piano Bar entertainer is, indeed, Jeremy Oren.

You are in for some great evenings with Jeremy. I would say that he's the best piano bar entertainer I have ever seen on a cruise ship, if not the best entertainer PERIOD that I have seen on a cruise ship. Be prepared to get to the Piano Bar early if you want to sit down as his shows are quite popular. (Only his show on the first night was lightly attended--then the word got out!)

My favorite shows were "Beatles and Brits" and "Elton John and Billy Joel". But be sure to see his explanation of "American Pie" on the "Songwriters" night!
Pacific North West
4,384 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Can anyone up date me in if Zaandam still has her Piano Bar ?? Or is it up in the Crows Nest & does the Crows Nest even still exist?
Sailing on Zaandam June 11th

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Warwick, R.I. , USA
39,048 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Originally posted by JVilleGal
Can anyone up date me in if Zaandam still has her Piano Bar ?? Or is it up in the Crows Nest & does the Crows Nest even still exist?
Zaandam never had a Piano Bar. It came from the shipyard with a Piano Lounge, which was changed to The Mix a while back. That is what still remains, on Upper Promenade, at mid-ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
CCASE/LSSE

Chocolate is to women what duct tape is to men.
It fixes everything.
Florida
17,838 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Per Sir Stryker's FB page cruise schedule he is on the Veendam from July 8- Aug 19 and Noordam Oct. 20- Jan 20, 2017.

Great performer and it appears he's currently ashore and not on contract.

Always subject to change.
Pacific North West
4,384 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by RuthC
Zaandam never had a Piano Bar. It came from the shipyard with a Piano Lounge, which was changed to The Mix a while back. That is what still remains, on Upper Promenade, at mid-ship.
So no piano at all? Even in the Crows Nest?
Florida
17,838 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by JVilleGal
So no piano at all? Even in the Crows Nest?
Yes their is a Piano entertainment area. It's no longer a venue upon itself but in an open area referred to as the Mix which includes champagne and beer on tap bars. Also the shops are in background.

Not the best venue but it works.
Grand Rapids, MI
43 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Is there a Piano Bar on the Maasdam?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
We LOVE to cruise !!
NCL Seaward, S. Caribbean, June 1995
Sun Princess, Panama Canal, Jan. 1999
Premier Seabreeze, W. Caribbean, Mar. 2000
Royal Princess, Western Europe, July 2000
Stadendam, Mexican Riviera, March 2001
Grandeur of Seas, W.Caribbean,Feb.2002
Golden Princess, Med/Transatlant, Aug.2002
Regal Princess,Australia/N.Zealand,Jan. 2003
Zaandam, Caribbean, March 2003
Brilliance of Sea, Mediterranean, Sept. 2003
Constellation, S.Caribbean, Jan. 2004
Jewel of the Seas, Transatlantic, Sept. 2004
Westerdam, W Caribbean, Jan. 2005
Rotterdam, Aegean Odyssey, May 2005
Island Princess, Alaska, Sept. 2005
Constellation, Transatlantic, Sept. 2006
Pride of Aloha, Hawaii, Feb. 2007
Rotterdam, Black Sea, Sept. 2007
Zuiderdam, W. Mediterranean, Aug. 2008
Norwegian Sun, South America, Jan.2009
Eurodam, Transatlantic, April 2010
Millennium, Pacific Wine Cruise, Sept. 2010
Westerdam, S Caribbean, Jan 2011
Prinsendam, Transatlantic, Nov. 2011
Volendam, Australia,NZ Transpacific, Jan. 2012

Eurodam, Canada/New England, Sept. 2013

Zuiderdam, S. Caribbean, Jan. 2014
Maasdam, S. Caribbean, Jan. 2015
1 Posts
Joined Dec 2017
Originally posted by Cruise_More_Often
The pianoman on the NA recently was Mike (don't know his last name), and he was GREAT. He's an accomplished pianist with an amazing voice, and he really interacted with his fans. I was fascinated just watching his fingers flying across the keyboard. This was the first time we've been in a piano bar on a HAL ship, and we went every night. I can hardly wait for my next HAL cruise.
The piano man was Mike McCabe, and he does have an AMAZING voice and performing talent! We came early to the piano bar every night just to get a seat. I was very impressed that Mike plays his music mostly from memory and very rarely looked up a unique song a guest requested. I think his piano bar show was by far the most popular evening event. Every night the piano bar was packed with standing room only, so they actually moved him to the Crow's Nest to accommodate all of his fans.

On a side note - We sailed on the Koningsdam this summer, where they have the new Billboard. The ship is beautiful. For the true piano music lovers though, – it sadly just does not measure up. We miss the piano bar experience where you could just request Mike to play a song and there it is for instant enjoyment, even to sing along. Pianoman Mike McCabe you are the BEST!!
Oregon
94 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Originally posted by cruzpanther
The piano man was Mike McCabe, and he does have an AMAZING voice and performing talent! We came early to the piano bar every night just to get a seat. I was very impressed that Mike plays his music mostly from memory and very rarely looked up a unique song a guest requested. I think his piano bar show was by far the most popular evening event. Every night the piano bar was packed with standing room only, so they actually moved him to the Crow's Nest to accommodate all of his fans.

On a side note - We sailed on the Koningsdam this summer, where they have the new Billboard. The ship is beautiful. For the true piano music lovers though, – it sadly just does not measure up. We miss the piano bar experience where you could just request Mike to play a song and there it is for instant enjoyment, even to sing along. Pianoman Mike McCabe you are the BEST!!

We enjoyed Mike on the piano from La to NZ last Oct.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
273 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
Originally posted by cruzpanther

All 4 cruises on the koningsdam had all request sets and sometimes a couple per night. That was mixed in with their themed sets
Tasmania, Australia
62 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
Originally posted by Iamcatlover
Does anyone know if the Zuiderdam still has the Piano Bar or if they changed to Billboard ?
It was changed over to Billboard.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Vienna, VA
3,035 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Originally posted by tgeonetta
I just looked at the updated Westerdam deck plans and there is no Piano bar after April of 2017? Looks like Billboard Onboard will take its place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Is this true? We sail on the Westerdam next week. Piano bars are my favorite.

Kathy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Nov 2018 - Harmony of the Seas
May 2018 - Westerdam (ALASKA!!)
Nov 2017 - Harmony of the Seas
Nov 2015 - Regal Princess
Nov 2014 - Oasis of the Seas
Nov 2013 - Independence of the Seas
Nov 2012 - Oasis of the Seas
Nov 2011 - Freedom of the Seas
Nov 2010 - Oasis of the Seas