Posted April 2nd, 2018, 08:22 PM
Last edited by Host Walt; April 2nd, 2018 at 08:36 PM
This thread is where all discussions of HAL's new smoking rules should appear to avoid having multiple threads on the single subject.
The current smoking policy is on HAL's website
and is copied below:
To better align with guest wishes and health concerns, Holland America Line will implement a new smoking policy beginning in January 2017. Please see below for details.
Smoking Policy beginning January 2017:
Effective with the first sailings for all ships beginning in January 2017, the following smoking policy is in effect:
For the comfort of all of our guests, all staterooms (cabins), showrooms and most other indoor areas are designated non-smoking. No smoking of any kind will be permitted on any stateroom verandah.
SHIP NEW SMOKING POLICY BEGINS ms Maasdam
January 2, 2017 ms Rotterdam
January 2, 2017 ms Volendam
January 3, 2017 ms Noordam
January 4, 2017 ms Veendam
January 4, 2017 ms Zuiderdam
January 4, 2017 ms Nieuw Amsterdam
January 6, 2017 ms Eurodam
January 7, 2017 ms Westerdam
January 7, 2017 ms Koningsdam
January 8, 2017 ms Zaandam
January 10, 2017 ms Oosterdam
January 13, 2017 ms Amsterdam
April 26, 2017 ms Prinsendam
May 6, 2017
The designated smoking areas for all ships are as follows unless otherwise noted:
- Sea View (Retreat) Bar/Pool on starboard side only. On Prinsendam, Koningsdam, and Nieuw Statendam, smoking is allowed on the port side only
- Sun Bar on Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam
- Sports Deck forward and aft of Crow's Nest on starboard side on Maasdam, Veendam, Volendam, Zaandam, Rotterdam and Amsterdam
- Oak Room on Noordam only, including cigar and pipe smoking
- Designated areas for active slot players in Casinos*. Oosterdam and Eurodam casinos are completely non-smoking. Noordam Casino is completely non-smoking, with the exception of two nights per cruise.
Cigar and pipe smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the ship; it is only permitted on the outside decks where smoking is otherwise allowed.
Electronic cigarettes are permitted in staterooms but not in other public areas of the ship other than designated smoking areas.
Any guest who smokes inside staterooms or on verandahs in violation of our policy will be charged a US$250 cleaning fee per day of violation and will risk being removed from the ship for repeated violations.
Holland America Line reserves the right at any time to modify the smoking policy onboard or alter the locations where smoking is permissible.
Cruise Critic Message Board Host
To contact me, [email protected]