NEW Steakhouse recommendations please

MSarahM

My favs in the Steakhouse are the filet mignon or the lamb chops med. rare. When the new menu came out, I tried the oysters a few times, bone marrow, and dover sole, all very tasty. Not that impressed with the Wagyu, I'll stick to the filet, which reminds me of a triple trimmed Omaha steak.. Now if they served Kobe.......

The Steakhouse is usually the best meal on the ship.

Edited by evandbob

My favs in the Steakhouse are the filet mignon or the lamb chops med. rare. When the new menu came out, I tried the oysters a few times, bone marrow, and dover sole, all very tasty. Not that impressed with the Wagyu, I'll stick to the filet, which reminds me of a triple trimmed Omaha steak.. Now if they served Kobe.......

The Steakhouse is usually the best meal on the ship. While I was not that impressed with the Wagyu steak, I'll stick to my filet.

How were the oysters? Were they raw? Smoked? Otherwise cooked?

Smoked. First few times there were maybe 5 in a huge bell shaped glass or clear plastic covered serving and they did a Voila whipping off the cover so you could inhale the essence. The last Steakhouse meal on the Horizon there were just 3 in a smaller serving dish, still the smoke was impressive.

The new menu is currently in use on Horizon, Vista, Magic, Dream, and Breeze... It will be rolled out on the Conquest July 19th, the Liberty July 26th, the Freedom August 4th, and the Valor August 20th 2018...

Is the new menu on every ship? I've always wanted to try bone marrow. :hearteyes:

Smoked. First few times there were maybe 5 in a huge bell shaped glass or clear plastic covered serving and they did a Voila whipping off the cover so you could inhale the essence. The last Steakhouse meal on the Horizon there were just 3 in a smaller serving dish, still the smoke was impressive.

Thanks. Think I will have to try that. Sounds delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ate there twice on our recent Vista cruise, the food was pretty good, but surprisingly the service was bad. Our main waiter would disappear for extended periods of time and there was a lack of communication among the staff. If you happen to get Georgi as your waiter just leave, he is bad a service and overall creepy. While the $35 price tag was good for the food, the service is not what you'd expect from a high end steakhouse.

Things to get:

• Ribeyes (bone in and spice rubbed were both excellent)
  • Bone Marrow & Beef Tartare
  • Tuna Tartare
  • Shrimp Cocktail (much better than MDR)
  • French Onion Soup (ask for it first, its too hot to eat when it comes out and needs time to cool off)
  • Cheese plate ( ask for it to go and enjoy it with some wine on your balcony)

Don't get:

• Waygu Flat Iron (Carnival has dropped the expensive A5 for just Austrailian Waygu, the steak is tough and doesn't have any more flavor than an MDR steak, it would be nice if they chose a better cut to try to showcase Waygu)
  • Lobster Bisque (bland, one of the worst lobster bisques I've had)
  • Art at the Table (The whole table has to get it, just watch the presentation at a table near you and order a different dessert)

The new menu is currently in use on Horizon, Vista, Magic, Dream, and Breeze... It will be rolled out on the Conquest July 19th, the Liberty July 26th, the Freedom August 4th, and the Valor August 20th 2018...

I thought someone that was recently on the Dream said the Steakhouse still had the old menu but I may be mistaken. Can anyone recently on the Dream comment? The Breeze had the new menu back in March.

My DW and I love the steak houses. She loves seafood, and a little bit of steak. I on the other hand hate seafood and love a lot of bit of steak. So what we do is let her order her seafood only plate instead of surf and turf so she gets more seafood. I get the BIG Cowboy ribeye which is more than enough steak for me so I just cut off a piece for the DW and bingo we are all happy.

I second (or third) the steak tartare/bone marrow appetizer suggestion!! I still think about the bone marrow to this day, and my mouth waters - deliciously rich and roasted flavor, hot and creamy. Absolutely the best!

I have never had it, but had to post I love your nickname.

I live in MILWAUKEE and that's not what I asked, but thanks for your answer anyway.:rolleyes:

here is what you said :" I've always wanted to try bone marrow. clear.png?emoji-hearteyes-1689"

I know you live in Milwaukee, that's why I said it. if you always wanted to try it, you don't have to spend $2,000 on a cruise to get bone marrow

Expand Signature

Does anyone have a pic of the new menu?[/quote

Sorry, I tried to upload the screenshots of the new menu and couldn't do it. John Heald just posted on his Facebook page yesterday! Check his photos.

Does anyone have a pic of the new menu?[/quote

Sorry, I tried to upload the screenshots of the new menu and couldn't do it. John Heald just posted on his Facebook page yesterday! Check his photos.

Thanks for trying! I'll take a look on FB

Crazy question...I'm not a big lobster fan or steak for that matter. But does anyone know how the chicken is? Or maybe the sole?
Let's just say the staff laughed when I asked about the chicken, they said no one every orders it. The shrimp at a table near us did look good.

$35 for a piece of chicken?

We were on the Spirit doing Alaska and some who was vegan in our group went with us to the steakhouse (called the supper club back then). She ordered a baked potato for the meal. The waiter kept asking “madam, what would u like for your entree”. The reply potato

Sent from my iPad using Forums