Best port you've visited

Top 3 favorite beach days:

ST Thomas (Coki Beach)

Grand Cayman (7 Mile Beach)

Roatan (Little French Key)

7-mile beach is my favorite port out of Galveston. I could just float around in that water forever. Bucket list would be to buy one of those Condo's right on the beach as my retirement home (two years ago I was told the price was about $225k......hmmmm).

What are your favorite beaches in St.Thomas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Sapphire Beach. Its an easy cab ride and has amazing views of the virgin islands from the white sand beach. Other pluses are that its not crowded, has great snorkeling on the reef off the far left side of the beach, and has bathrooms and a bar with drinks and burgers/sandwhiches. The only real negative is there are no chairs or umbrellas to rent but trees for shade. Just plop your towel down in the sand.

Having just spent 11 days in Cozumel, I will say it is underrated. Take a snorkeling tour that brings you to El Ceilio. Its amazing. Hit a great restaurant afterwards before returning to the ship. Or visit a great beach club like Paradise Beach Club. Lots of touristy shopping in town too.

I have been to San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Grand Turk, St. Thomas, Barbados, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau, Freeport, Cozumel, Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan), and Belize. I will soon add Grand Cayman and Montego Bay, Jaimaca.

They all have their perks (except Freeport, I was not impressed). To be fair, picking a favorite is very subjective, so I will just give two that I really enjoyed, Mahogany Bay, Roatan or St. Lucia.

In St. Lucia we booked a Segway Safari and beach break, which was pretty fun. The island was simply beautiful. This was a while ago, and it is not the most common port. I have only been there once, but would love to go back.

At Isla Roatan, we booked a ship excursion to Tabyana Beach on the west end of the island. The beach was beautiful and the snorkeling was amazing. There is also a nice pretty beach right at the port that is free, but I was willing to go out of the way for great snorkeling.

Having just spent 11 days in Cozumel, I will say it is underrated. Take a snorkeling tour that brings you to El Ceilio. Its amazing. Hit a great restaurant afterwards before returning to the ship. Or visit a great beach club like Paradise Beach Club. Lots of touristy shopping in town too.

I agree, definitely overrated. I think people sometimes ignore it because of how frequently ships go there, and how crowded it can get.

This is definitely a tough question! It is also even more tough to judge islands we have limited time, visibility to. I really enjoyed the beaches and preservation on St. John. Barbados was great. There's so many amazing spots out there.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of mentions for Roatan. I would have probably not considered that one on my own. I'll have to try it! I also cannot wait to do Aruba and Curacao

I have not read your replies, but my "favorite" port/island is St. Lucia.:) I have been blessed to be able to visit it twice before, and next year, will probably be the last year. The reason being, FLYING from Missouri to San Juan, is very expensive!!! I fell in love with St. Lucia, from its mountains, to its valleys, and it probably has MORE colors than a Crayola box!:) We were at a large table with a couple on their honeymoon at our table. The couple ask the rest of us, what would we suggest that we try to see/visit when cruising. I happened to speak up first and said St. Lucia. The next thing I knew, the other two couples agreed with me as well.

I have not read your replies, but my "favorite" port/island is St. Lucia.:) I have been blessed to be able to visit it twice before, and next year, will probably be the last year. The reason being, FLYING from Missouri to San Juan, is very expensive!!! I fell in love with St. Lucia, from its mountains, to its valleys, and it probably has MORE colors than a Crayola box!:) We were at a large table with a couple on their honeymoon at our table. The couple ask the rest of us, what would we suggest that we try to see/visit when cruising. I happened to speak up first and said St. Lucia. The next thing I knew, the other two couples agreed with me as well.

I just did the San Juan flight, and I agree, it is rough on the wallet! Carnival has Journey cruises that start at $900 for 2 weeks that visit St Lucia if you want to go back again that bad. They depart from Baltimore and Port Canaveral. Not a bad price at all.

We loved Magens Bay Beach at St. Thomas. We took an excursion with Carnival this past June. On the way there the driver stopped so we could all get out and take pics from above. The only negative was they only gave us 2 hours to spend on the beach. The water was gorgeous!! I almost didn't go because of negative reviews but so glad I didn't listen to them. Everything was beautiful! I think next time we will take a cab so we can stay for the day! My second favorite was Grand Turk. The beach was located right off the ship and was very nice also. Margaritaville was right there at the port and they have a really nice pool. If you go you definitely need to try the nachos!

I just googled pictures of it, and it looks beautiful!

How far is it from the port? Do you have any idea how much transportation to the beach will cost? Are there bathrooms there and chair rentals ? (Sorry for all of the questions.) :)

Diann

As of a year ago was $ 7 pp each way by taxi about a 15 minute ride

Bathrooms and chair rentals and small restaurant/'snack bar. If you walk down the beach crowd mysteriously dwindles

Did someone actually say Nassau, LOL! Ive been including Atlantis with my kids and the only way it could be the best cruise port I've ever visted is if it was the only port I've ever visited. It's probably the most disliked port by most experienced cruisers.

Thinking about doing Mr Sanchos in January. And food or drink recommendations? Or an tips, pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sancho's is my absolute fave in Cozumel staff are so nice and they will remember your drink order after the second round, I would do the all inclusive you will not regret it.