Are Hump Balconies Covered Fully or Partially

Snookum

Even if the top of the balconies are covered, watch out for the corner hump balconies because rain usually falls at an angle or the wind will blow it at an angle and you'll be hit from the side that you don't have a wall. Saw this happen on my cruise (just got off on Monday). Corner hump balconies were empty when it was raining or windy. :(

I was in a hump balcony in 2005. The balcony was so huge the room steward brought us two extra chairs from the pool I think. If I remember right it was fully covered. We didn't have rain and wind never kept us off it. The divider between the balconies couldn't be opened or removed. For the same price I'd get a hump balcony. Only problem was you had to put your deposit down early.

I think the pictures I posted for you in the other thread should answer this for you. The covering is only as deep as the balcony is deep. In that pic of cabin 8600 balcony, you can see that the covering is only as deep as the balcony (which barely held a chair facing sideways).

I think Icohawaii makes a good point on corner humps for weather protection, but the corner humps on the port side (with the glass elevator bank) are deep enough to put 4 lounge chairs and a table and chairs. Even if the rain was sideways, I would think that you would be protected in any one of these.

I do think the problem of not being protected by an overhang might be more of an issue in the cabin I was in that I sent the pictures of (8602), and the ones in the dead center of the hump since their roof simply doesn't have the square footage to provide adequate protection.

Hope that make sense,

Cheryl

Cheryl :)

Archived