Motor Coach from Houston Intercontinental to Galveston

ckfred

Two questions. First, what time does the first bus leave IAH for Galveston. My RC documents say 10:30. But, I could swear that when we took the RC bus from Orlando International to Port Canaveral, the first bus left between 9 and 9:30.

Second, we're spending Saturday night at the airport Marriott. So, which terminal would be the best for picking up the bus?

Here is my guess about timing...buses likely start the morning in Galveston, fill with returning cruisers as they clear customs, drive to IAH, and empty of passengers and luggage. Only then are they ready to receive new cruisers. Since the drive to IAH tends to be longer/slower than many other ports, the first trip to the ship is later than you experienced elsewhere.

I do not know which terminal would be best; hope somebody can help. If not, perhaps you will see a Royal Caribbean rep at the airport when you arrive (some other folks might have hotel packages that night).

They tend to leave when full. Last summer first bus from Hobby left just after 9. And even though we didn't have a reservation the transfer company was actively soliciting customers in the area.