Water, water everywhere but costs like Champagne to Drink?

ALPHYL

Let's make this simple. The water is expensive. Either pay for it or drink the ships water.

There. No more need to waste energy arguing about H2O on the internet with people you don't even know. :rolleyes:

Moving on to another world crisis for me to solve...

Not formula here in the US.

I’m in the US, and what you wrote is simply not true. I breastfed, but every time I went to the baby aisle, there was formula and special water right next to it. Probably one of the reasons why NCL specifically lists it as an exception to their water policy as well.

https://www.babycenter.com/404_what-kind-of-water-should-i-use-to-prepare-baby-formula_9139.bc

I’m in the US, and what you wrote is simply not true. I breastfed, but every time I went to the baby aisle, there was formula and special water right next to it. Probably one of the reasons why NCL specifically lists it as an exception to their water policy as well.

https://www.babycenter.com/404_what-kind-of-water-should-i-use-to-prepare-baby-formula_9139.bc

Of course there is, new parents will buy anything! I bottle fed 5 babies, always used tap waster with the blessing of my pediatricians. Our city water is tested regularly and fine.

I don't mind paying the price for some bottled water, but for me it's more about the bottle than it is about the water in the bottle. I find ship water to be perfectly fine. But it's handy to have a bottle of water I can carry or stick in my bag. (I take a med that gives me dry mouth so I drink a lot of water.) And I like to have a bottle (with lid) on the bedside table. I tried a bedside glass of water before, but once on a cruise with some rough water, I got a RUDE awakening one night with a glass of water in the face...:eek:

So for me, it's the delivery system of the water that makes it handy. That said, I will buy some of NCL's water to have on hand for my cruise next month. I just wish they were smaller bottles - the 1 liter bottle is bigger than ideal for my purposes.

Judy

Of course there is, new parents will buy anything! I bottle fed 5 babies, always used tap waster with the blessing of my pediatricians. Our city water is tested regularly and fine.

I have zero idea how many years ago you raised your children. I posted the most recent recommendations by doctors. It does say tap water can be acceptable if it is adequately tested and approved to meet certain recommended standards. That is still special requirements for water, as I wrote. Something ncl is not going to bother doing, and therefore it IS specifically listed as one of their exceptions.

I suggest anyone reading this consult with their doctor. But ftr, bottled water for formula is definitely allowed by ncl. I guess they feel like comforting the insanity of us new mothers. :rolleyes:

haha, my sister always mixed bottles of formula using tap water. i see people do it all the time. formula exisited long before bottled water.

People do LOTS of things all the time. I’m sure my mother gave me tap water with formula too. She also never used a car seat or a seat belt for that matter. I was crawling all over that car from birth forward.

I could employ a list of things not recommended that people used to do, and still do. Personally, I prefer to do a little research and do a little better. But to each their own.

...they should charge at a slightly more reasonable rate for water.

The current prices are lower than they used to be. NCL used to charge more.

I don't think that people necessarily like the NCL policy (we used to slap a luggage tag on a case and it would be delivered to the stateroom) but it is what it is. If NCL approves the OP's request, that will lead to "...I prefer Coke to Pepsi so NCL should allow me to bring it...." threads.

Certain topics such as bottled water, Coke vs. Pepsi, smoking, chair hogs, VIBE passes for Haven guests, 20 year-olds drinking, elevator etiquette, child on a leash, etc. lead to endless (but entertaining :D) forum banter that is usually deleted by the Mods. Whether that is a good or bad thing is a matter of opinion.

I’m not a doctor. I’ll leave that between the op and his doctor. But ship policy says, ‘special needs’ and ‘medical requirements’. So it sounds like they make exceptions for certain people based on their medical conditions.

I have zero, I mean zero problems with someone being allowed to bring their own water onto a cruise ship. I also don’t know of any other boat that disallows this, although there could be some. But in the past, I never had a problem on other cruise lines.

I’m honestly shocked and confused as to why any one cares or feels that a person with diabetes who prefers to bring bottled water on with him shouldn’t be allowed to. I mean, who cares for crying out loud?!

First world problems if I ever saw them.

I don’t think anyone on this board has a problem with water being allowed to be carried on board. In fact many would like to do this. And they can’t. Hence the issue.

Water is medically necessary - for everyone. So far OP has given no reasoning for why bottled water is medically necessary for them over it simply being a preference. It’s unfair for 1 person to be permitted to bring water on as a preference issue when it’s not for everyone else.

And in all reality, NCL needs to make reasonable accommodations for medical needs. In situations where a medically necessary product is needed and not available for purchase onboard (like ensure or distilled water for a CPAP machine); then allowing someone to bring onboard is the only option. When someone says ‘I require Dasani bottled water’ and their response is ‘no problem, it’s available for purchase onboard’, they are still being reasonably accommodated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The current prices are lower than they used to be. NCL used to charge more.

I don't think that people necessarily like the NCL policy (we used to slap a luggage tag on a case and it would be delivered to the stateroom) but it is what it is. If NCL approves the OP's request, that will lead to "...I prefer Coke to Pepsi so NCL should allow me to bring it...." threads.

Certain topics such as bottled water, Coke vs. Pepsi, smoking, chair hogs, VIBE passes for Haven guests, 20 year-olds drinking, elevator etiquette, child on a leash, etc. lead to endless (but entertaining :D) forum banter that is usually deleted by the Mods. Whether that is a good or bad thing is a matter of opinion.

“VIBE passes for Haven guests”. Say what? Do haven passengers get special passes to the beach club?

Also, how’s this one: is it ok for my three year old to bring a remote control police car (siren sounds included) on to drive through the non haven hallways. It’s his favorite toy. :') Can I get some of past posters cabin numbers. ;p

I’m not a doctor. I’ll leave that between the op and his doctor. But ship policy says, ‘special needs’ and ‘medical requirements’. So it sounds like they make exceptions for certain people based on their medical conditions.

I have zero, I mean zero problems with someone being allowed to bring their own water onto a cruise ship. I also don’t know of any other boat that disallows this, although there could be some. But in the past, I never had a problem on other cruise lines.

I’m honestly shocked and confused as to why any one cares or feels that a person with diabetes who prefers to bring bottled water on with him shouldn’t be allowed to. I mean, who cares for crying out loud?!

First world problems if I ever saw them.

Royal doesn't. Anecdotes says it doesn't often allow it, but my friend's case of water got confiscated and she had to go guest services for them to check that their version of special access cleared her water so she could claim it. I also went on a small cruise line that doesn't either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Britta filtered water bottle will give you clean water without the cost of bottled water, or the extra trash. Heck a UV sterilizer pen will do the same thing with little to no bulk or weight, and will outlast several dozen cases of water. There are plenty of good quality filter's that will take care of any impurities in water. I think if it was an issue for me, I'd rather carry a stainless water bottle, and a UV pen that weighs less than a pound, then lug around a case of water.

Pastic bottles are killing the environment drink the water on the ship it's better than most water anyways!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

People truly interested in playing the "environment" card wouldn't aid and abet the cruise line industry.

What pollutes more? A plastic bottle, or the giant diesel-powered ship it fell overboard from?

We have done 15 two-week cruises and in those 200+ days i have not purchased a single bottle of water. Why would I? There are two faucets in my cabin and plenty of others all over the ship where I can refill my bottle. DW and I each carry our own 6-oz bottle. They need frequent refills but are most practical for travelers. Small enough for a purse or shoulder bag and small enough to empty at Airport Security - if you forgot to empty them in time. And, once on the other side, refill them at a water fountain or - yes, in the nearest restroom.

Full disclosure: we are both 83 years old and reasonably fit, free water notwithstanding. I do suffer from Chronic Kidney Disease and therefor need to maintain a high water intake.

In other words, OP, I have no answer for you, just my take on hydration. J

“. . . nor any drop to drink.”

You can't walk 2 minutes on a ship without finding somewhere you can get all the water you want. Free and unlimited. This outrage because it isn't overpriced big city tap water in a bottle is puzzling.