B2B leaving the ship

We are doing a combined 3 cruises from Honolulu to Sydney. The second leg ends in Auckland. I am looking at trying to book an all day private tour and was wondering what is the earliest someone who is not ending their cruise can depart the ship, and when we must be back on board?

Also does Regent ever set up shore excursions for people who are continuing on?

Thanks

Cannot answer your first question, but we did 4 legs on the Voyager starting on Oct 27 last year. They did offer excursions for B2B passengers. They were somewhat limited. In Dubai the only 'included' option was tickets for Hop On Hop Off bus. I believe in Hong Kong there were initially 3 options, but in the end there were only 2 happened.

Papa flamingo, we like you are doing three segments but starting in Miami. As travlr21 says above, the Mariner’s Destination Services will offer us on b2b or b2b2b sailings excursions on transition day. You can depart the ship in Auckland when the ship gets clearance from the Auckland port authorities and security has set up the gangway for disembarking passengers and those wishing to explore Auckland. Regent normally has all aboard for guests a half hour before departing (8pm in Auckland) but since I believe you have to attend the mandatory life boat drill (most likely at 5pm) am guessing you should plan to be back on board at 4:30pm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by WesW

If you are comfortable going on your own, a wine tour of Waikeke Island is very enjoyable. The ferry is near the cruise port and takes about 45 minutes. I think our tour started at about 10 am and we came back on the ferry in the late afternoon. It was a wonderful day!

http://www.ananda.co.nz/essence_of_waiheke_wine_tour.php

For B2B on turn-around day nothing is going to happen if you miss the life boat drill on the second departure day because you were off ship.

Years ago you would have to go if you were B2B and on the ship. But since the Costa sinking, if you are back on board the ship when the muster drill is announced, you will have to attend again.

J

You will need to attend life-boat drill for each segment, as a refresher.

However, since the ship is not sailing from Auckland until 8pm, the drill may be scheduled for slightly later than usual.

If you do miss the drill you will be required to attend a separate safety briefing.

Best thing is to go ahead and organise your tour in Auckland then double check the disembarkation / embarkation / life boat drill arrangements when you are on board.

Thank you all. I will check out the possibility of Waiheke Island. That might be fun. Also thinking we might just do the Hop on Hop off bus. But appreciate the info and any ideas always welcome.

We were in Auckland for a turn around day on the world cruise last month. Had planned to do the ferry to Waiheke and do the HOHO bus on the island (run by Fuller), but I had been sick and wasn't up to an all day activity. So we did the city HOHO. It has a pick up right at the port area about a block from the gate and included a ferry ticket to Davenport. You can buy the bus tickest at the Big I on the dock. We just rode the two loops and found it very interesting. Most of the stops were for places worth some time. Both loops and the round trip to Davenport took less than four hours so there is time to get off and on to do things at the stops.

If you aren't going to make it back for the muster drill, tell them and they will schedule something for you.

You can read about the Auckland day, Feb 6 in our blog. www.2018worldcruise.blogspot.com

We were in Auckland for a turn around day on the world cruise last month. Had planned to do the ferry to Waiheke and do the HOHO bus on the island (run by Fuller), but I had been sick and wasn't up to an all day activity. So we did the city HOHO. It has a pick up right at the port area about a block from the gate and included a ferry ticket to Davenport. You can buy the bus tickest at the Big I on the dock. We just rode the two loops and found it very interesting. Most of the stops were for places worth some time. Both loops and the round trip to Davenport took less than four hours so there is time to get off and on to do things at the stops.

If you aren't going to make it back for the muster drill, tell them and they will schedule something for you.

You can read about the Auckland day, Feb 6 in our blog. www.2018worldcruise.blogspot.com

Thank you for the info. I am seriously considering the HOHO Bus as a distinct possibility. I have been following your blog daily! What an adventure. I really appreciate your narratives on the stops we will be making. But I've enjoyed the rest of the journey also. I am a bit behind, but am catching up. I am at Day 42. Thanks again for posting such a great blog!

I highly recommend the Auckland War Memorial Museum. Despite the name, it covers much more than warfare: natural history, Maori history and culture, art and design, etc. Not to missed is the simulation of what would happen if that still-live volcano in the harbor ever erupts. It's in the Volcano exhibit hall.

Let me add my halfpennyworth. We have been on two Regent back to back cruises. On both occasions there was an excursion for continuing guests although no choice. One was in Sydney with a memorable lunch. On both occasions we were required to don lifejackets for both sectors.