Deck 8 Aft with motion sickness?

KJCruiser13

We are booked on the Dream for a 7 day cruise in an interior cabin midship deck 7. We'll have our two toddlers with us, and I'm pregnant, so I'm concerned about not having a balcony or a view. We can move to deck 8 aft in a balcony room for $650 more and that would give us more space to spread out, but I'm worried I'll feel the rocking and vibrations too much. We've never done aft and typically stick with midship. I usually don't get motion sickness, but being pregnant, I'm afraid I might.

Any thoughts on this? Would we really feel the vibration up at deck 8 or would the swaying be more of a concern? The location is a bit more convenient as well being two decks below the pizza and back entrance to the buffet so that would be nice!

You will likely feel some vibration and side to side motion, but the balcony and space will be nice.

If you are worried about the potential of getting sick from motion, I always recommend Sea Bands. They are a nonpill/patch way to avoid seasickness. They work awesome (I get sick in the back seat of a car)... and love these. Plus if you start feeling sick just slip them on and it will subside in a matter of 10 or 15 minutes (supposedly works for morning sickness too, but can't vouch for that one ;)). Not expensive either.

I use on planes, boats, all over.

I personally love the aft balconies.

BUT...you will have a nice side to side rocking motion.

I personally love this motion its like being rocked to sleep in your mother's arms IMO.

So it's definitely noticeable then? I remember noticing the swaying in the dining room on the Dream last time we went on it, but I wasn't sure if it was because of rough seas or the location.

You will likely feel some vibration and side to side motion, but the balcony and space will be nice.

If you are worried about the potential of getting sick from motion, I always recommend Sea Bands. They are a nonpill/patch way to avoid seasickness. They work awesome (I get sick in the back seat of a car)... and love these. Plus if you start feeling sick just slip them on and it will subside in a matter of 10 or 15 minutes (supposedly works for morning sickness too, but can't vouch for that one ;)). Not expensive either.

I use on planes, boats, all over.

Thanks, I'll have to look those up. I do get sick in the back of cars but usually never on a ship. Do they make you drowsy??

We Always stay on the 8th floor aft balcony (13 cruises) and have never felt more rocking then anywhere else on the ship.

You'll love it and only be one staircase away from the ice cream machines!

Edited by maxydu

Thanks, I'll have to look those up. I do get sick in the back of cars but usually never on a ship. Do they make you drowsy??

I used these when I was pregnant and they work really well. They are ugly but they work!

:DIf your worried about seasickness the lower you are on the ship the less motion you will feel. Also mid ship would be best and an ocean view will give you more room at a cheaper price.

We're last minute booking so our options are limited :( Basically we have deck 7 or deck 8 aft balconies or to keep our deck 7 interior midship

We Always stay on the 8th floor aft balcony (13 cruises) and have never felt more rocking then anywhere else on the ship.

You'll love it and only be one staircase away from the ice cream machines!

Great, thank you so much. I'm thinking we'll really like the quietness back there and its a really convenient spot.

We're last minute booking so our options are limited :( Basically we have deck 7 or deck 8 aft balconies or to keep our deck 7 interior midship
We love the aft, we book aft balconies. I find the motion to be different than the forward. Instead of going up and down, aft goes side to side. I hardly feel movement. IMHO

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app