Only one TK Reservation allowed on a 21 day cruise?

SLSD

wripro. I thought this board was for questions and concerns. Excuse me if I have overstepped by asking this question.

While we are going on back to back cruises, they were booked as one cruise and are listed two ways on the website.

The fact that you have one booking reference is why you will get one TK booking.

A back to back is indeed made up of more than one cruise and if you booked the two separate cruises independently of each other you would have two booking references but would have paid much more for your trip

You will have no trouble getting more than one TK booking once you are aboard

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

The perfect answer.

The board is called cruise “critic”. You have to accept the good and not so good comments...it goes with the territory. Otherwise only read the positive and ignore the negative.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a big difference between critiquing and complaining.

I am so sorry my comment was considered complaining. Perhaps I misunderstood that concerns could be aired here. I apologize.

No need to apologize, you had a very valid question and I did not interpret it as a complaint. I thought it was an honest question that others have encountered and may be of assistance in helping to clarify or resolve it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
How did you manage that? It's clear on the site that you can make one TK reservation per cruise before boarding (it tells you that on the booking site) and I've made it and now I can't make another one.

Well I'm going to reply to myself as I was wrong here. I had put my reservation 'in my cart' but not checked out. Once I had done I found I could make another reservation for the second week of our two week cruise so we've done that. That cruise is being sold as a 2-weeker (which is what we booked) and also individual legs (and also as 2 week cruises which overlap ours, ie all possibles) so perhaps that means we were able to book 2.

That's it however, it now tells us we've booked our two for the cruise and can try onboard if we want more.

Seeing the comments in this thread about people asking to dine at 7.30 and blocking a table for both seatings, we've booked for 6.30 and hope that means someone else can get a later slot so everyone gets a shot

Here's some news from my travel agent. She asked Seabourn to reconsider allowing guests who are taking a 21 day cruise (also marketed as a 14 day and a 7 day) to make two advance reservations at the Thomas Keller Grill. We just received an email that they have reconsidered and ARE allowing us to make TWO advance reservations at the TK Grill ahead of our voyage. We are doing this now through our travel agent. I know this may not be important or noteworthy to some of you--but the less time I can spend on administrative issues once onboard, the better. Both of our reservations will be for the evening of Days at Sea (we have a number of those) and I think that this timing will suit us.

I had tried earlier to do this on the August 25th 21-day Baltic Gems without any luck. After reading you post I tried again yesterday and was able to book another seating - Thanks for the tip!

Yes, today I was able to book 2 reservations for our 21day. Previously I could only book one.

Yes, today I was able to book 2 reservations for our 21day. Previously I could only book one.

Perhaps that's what happened to me between my two posts on the subject then. I couldn't book two to start with, then I tried again last week and could. The site did ensure they were both in different calendar weeks. One pre-booking per week onboard seems quite reasonable to me so I'm pleased they made that change.

rols, I will claim credit for the change (lol). We were just fortunate to have a travel agent who went to bat for us. ! I will be the first to admit that this is not a huge issue--but just an administrative issue which makes our plans for this upcoming vacation easier.

rols, I will claim credit for the change (lol). We were just fortunate to have a travel agent who went to bat for us. ! I will be the first to admit that this is not a huge issue--but just an administrative issue which makes our plans for this upcoming vacation easier.

Rather doubt that they would have been able to make the relevant changes to the website booking procedure in the few days since your travel agent called them, that kind of thing always takes more work than you'd think, so probably this is something which has been in the works for a while. I suspect they started with the most conservative 'one booking per cruise' policy to see how demand worked out and, finding the TK grill was not fully booked all the time, went to a slightly more relaxed policy.

Wow! Seems like the number varies according to cruise now. I’ve just been able to book 3 for the 21 night route of the vikings 1! Earlier it was just 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Frankly, it’s probably because TKG has unsold inventory almost every single night. On Sojourn now we’ve stopped making reservations, we simply walk in whenever we fancy and are always immediately seated. Last night’s grilled chicken for 2 with lobster mac and cheese was delicious [emoji39]

Frankly, it’s probably because TKG has unsold inventory almost every single night. On Sojourn now we’ve stopped making reservations, we simply walk in whenever we fancy and are always immediately seated. Last night’s grilled chicken for 2 with lobster mac and cheese was delicious [emoji39]

Wasn’t the case in Antarctica. Full and no space every night

Sent from my iPhone using Forums