Apr.6, 2019 MSC Preziosa 21n. T/A Caribbean to Hamburg

silviaeaston

Me and my husband are on this - but we leave on 2nd from Barbados. Flying in from the UK.

Don't know how I will bear the excitement of waiting a year and 3 months though!!

I have wanted to do a transatlantic for as long as I can remember being aware that such a thing existed. It will be for my 50th and my husbands 40th.

• 2 weeks later...
I have done 18 transatlantics......

That’s incredible [emoji3]

After approximately 30 cruises so far I would love to go transatlantic myself (and I will do!), however, my dear wife is totally uninterested [emoji22] Myself, I love days at open sea [emoji106]

We too are on this cruise but starting from Barbados on the 2nd and disembarking in Southampton. Have done four transatlantic repositionings and been lucky with them all weather wise. Been with MSC five times but have splashed out on the Yacht Club (our first visit) for this one as the price was so good. Can't wait but don't want to wish our time away as we have many good things before then.

I have done 18 transatlantics sooooo "ask away"! WARNING.... "you will become addicted to them"

Wow! 18!!! That's impressive! It's funny how what you like changes in time though. When I was a new cruiser I didn't like seas days. I much prefer them now. All about getting a bit of a rest for me!

Hasn't this trip got something for everyone though. The caribbean, the transatlantic, and the europe bit

There's not much on this board about our ship though is there? She certainly looks beautiful

• 2 weeks later...
That’s incredible [emoji3]

After approximately 30 cruises so far I would love to go transatlantic myself (and I will do!), however, my dear wife is totally uninterested [emoji22] Myself, I love days at open sea [emoji106]

I have found that many people are traveling "solo" nowadays. For many reasons, incl. ill health of the spouse, and "time running out for themselves"...and simply doing their last "hurrah"! I see that you have done MANY MSC's which I have done NONE. (I have gone in about other 10 lines, but never MSC which I'm eagerly looking forward to) I see that you did the Oosterdam (Dec.2016) from Tampa just 3 weeks before I did the same....LOVED the Classical quintet! Since I'm a 4 star with Holland, MSC extends the amenities as if I had been a longtime cruiser with them....which is nice and reason I'm trying them now!

BTW... to "see" whatever ship I'm going to go on (incl. this one), go to youtube website and type away. I also do youtube for ports. You'll know more than the captain of the ship!

Edited by silviaeaston

• 3 months later...

This entry has been rather quiet lately..... anyone with any "news"???? or questions? One of the ports we'll be doing is Vigo. I was just there for my second time, and I just walked it. Plenty of things to see in this town!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Wow! 18!!! That's impressive! It's funny how what you like changes in time though. When I was a new cruiser I didn't like seas days. I much prefer them now. All about getting a bit of a rest for me!

Hasn't this trip got something for everyone though. The caribbean, the transatlantic, and the europe bit

There's not much on this board about our ship though is there? She certainly looks beautiful

We have been off Preziosa for 2 weeks now (snif!). She is beautiful. Super clean. Good food and staff. We are booked for a TA on Divina, November 2019 and look forward to your comments when you get back.