Do we need rain ponchos?

niklynn1

I would. You just never know and better to be prepared. Hopefully you won't need them but if you don't take them you will wish you had.

Congratulations on getting married and for your honeymoon cruise. What a wonderful way to celebrate your marriage.

Keith

I would. You just never know and better to be prepared. Hopefully you won't need them but if you don't take them you will wish you had.

Congratulations on getting married and for your honeymoon cruise. What a wonderful way to celebrate your marriage.

Keith

Thank you so much! We were married October 21, and have to wait until Thanksgiving to honeymoon because I'm a teacher and that's when I can get the time off. It's a painful wait, but we're so excited!

Don't worry about the ponchos. I lived in Hilo for over 15 years and never needed anything like that. The rain showers are usually very brief and will have ended by the time you get your umbrella opened or your poncho on. And, a poncho would probably be too hot. Just enjoy the "liquid sunshine !!!!"

Don't worry about the ponchos. I lived in Hilo for over 15 years and never needed anything like that. The rain showers are usually very brief and will have ended by the time you get your umbrella opened or your poncho on. And, a poncho would probably be too hot. Just enjoy the "liquid sunshine !!!!"

I definitely agree with the poncho being too hot. An umbrella would be a far better choice, if I took anything.

We must be cursed then. It certainly wasn't minutes both times. The downpour for our waterfalls tour lasted the entire time. Don't want to argue but if you've got them and they're small enough, why not pack them? Last month our group all ended up buying them at the gift shop at $10 a piece.

We have been going to Hawaii for 15 years on cruises and land trips, too many to count. Never brought ponchos or umbrellas and can't think of a time we ever wished we had brought them.

Of course we come from Seattle and we don't have umbrellas here either, just wear a hat. ;p :D

We must be cursed then. It certainly wasn't minutes both times. The downpour for our waterfalls tour lasted the entire time. Don't want to argue but if you've got them and they're small enough, why not pack them? Last month our group all ended up buying them at the gift shop at $10 a piece.

Thanks for all the input. The ponchos are folded up in very small packets. I don't imagine it would take up much room to have them, even if we never use them. :-)

• 2 weeks later...