Dream YTD

Inigo Montoya13

I have a very specific question for recent cruisers on the Dream. We are sailing in 2 weeks (November 26) and are looking for input/recommendations for head waiter/waitress for YTD. If you have your favorites please let me know. Any other suggestions that would be helpful are appreciated.

We did YTD for the first time in October and had the same concern. We wanted same wait staff. We lucked up and found a great team on the second day and stuck with them. The first day was fine, just not that personal touch we were used to. Now when we go in November we will ask for that team as they said they would still be there. Hopefully so .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a B2B on the Dream last month. The YTD dining waiter we tried to get and were successful most of the time was Feland. He is funny and popular and after the first night, his section is usually full. Because I have over 600 days with Carnival I think the hostess worked hard to get us into his area.

I would also recommend that you attend the shows and singing activities that involve Chris Williams "The Flying Scotsman" who is the Cruise Director. He is a former lead singer on the Carnival playlist productions and a talented entertainer and a friend.

Was on the Dream in Sept and we had YTD. We found Arfirst and her team on the 3rd night and we were hooked. She was incredible and her assistant Lester was so funny. If they are still on the Dream you should give them a chance. I will say though the only bad service we received in the dining room on the Dream was one morning in brunch. We didn't even think to ask for Arfirst in there but about halfway through our meal we saw her and she came by to say hello. We wish we had thought to ask for her so its a good suggestion to ask them for your dinner server at brunch because they just might be working. Lastly I will also echo the previous comment about your cruise director Chris's shows. He is absolutely incredible. Go to his motown showdown you will love it. And his Flying Scotsman show is unbelievable. Have a great trip, the Dream is a beautiful ship with a great crew!

We used three different teams for our YTD cruise last week. All seemed competent, and had such a significant impact on our experience that we felt compelled to either stick with them or request a change.

I think a bigger impact is how crowded the dining room is based on when you arrive. I would think the galley can make or break your experience.

Thanks for the answers to the question. We'll try Arfirst and Feland out and hope to have the great service you recommended. Yes, we are aware of the Flying Scotsman and his abilities as a cruise director from Youtube and have been following him for months. Our cruise will be his last week prior to vacation and we are looking forward to his shows and enthusiasm.