Does Viking provide tote bag?

dcsam

Viking does not give us bags but that is okay by me. I have a collection of what I call "Lipstick Bags"--because they roll up to the size of a lipstick--and they weigh practically nothing. I always pack a couple in my suitcase--and another one or two in my carry-on. We use them on shore and on the ship--after my camera and my tooth brush, they are probably the most used item that I bring. All of mine have come from museums, so I have them in various designs. They are machine washable as well and cheap enough that if something happens to them, I don't care. The look something like this and rolled up, they fit in the palm of my hand.

3-roll-n-snap-large-reusable-nylon-grocery-shopping-bags-tote-compact-strong-834baa745ace0703be06651f0c8b79cd.jpg

Peregrina,

I have the same small type nylon bags that have their own cover. Mine clip to the strap of my cross body purse. I use them for my purchases in port. My favorite is one from the Gaudi museum shop with a nice picture of one of the houses he built.

For on ship, I have canvas tote with NEWYORKER magazine design. It weighs nothing to put in my luggage. I use it for taking my sunglasses, reading glasses, ipad and book etc to the pool area when on a ship.

Peregrina,

I have the same small type nylon bags that have their own cover. Mine clip to the strap of my cross body purse. I use them for my purchases in port. My favorite is one from the Gaudi museum shop with a nice picture of one of the houses he built.

For on ship, I have canvas tote with NEWYORKER magazine design. It weighs nothing to put in my luggage. I use it for taking my sunglasses, reading glasses, ipad and book etc to the pool area when on a ship.

Only one of mine has a cover with a clip. They are great on shore, too, where I will carry a couple. If we shop, we use the bags to keep everything together. On flights, I use a bag to organize all my "toys" for the flight --- phones, charging cords, puzzle books, notepad and pen for DH, etc. It goes into my "personal item" for boarding and is easily pulled out when we sit down.

It took a while but I finally got it! Not missing in action. Not the airport. But Minneapolis Institute of Art! Yes, yes! Support your local museums!

HA, I knew what MIA is, they have a great selection of bags and other beautiful things. I have a daughter in law who is an elementary school art teacher.

On all my travels,I always go to art museum gift shops and buy something for her classroom.

HA, I knew what MIA is, they have a great selection of bags and other beautiful things. I have a daughter in law who is an elementary school art teacher.

On all my travels,I always go to art museum gift shops and buy something for her classroom.

UNFAIR!!! You played the geography card!

But I do like that you shop for your DIL's classroom. Everybody is a winner!

UNFAIR!!! You played the geography card!

But I do like that you shop for your DIL's classroom. Everybody is a winner!

Finally, being from MN is a winner on a cruise site. :D

I loved the Boston Museum of Art. I spent a whole afternoon there till it closed. Got all kinds of goodies for her classroom too.

Finally, being from MN is a winner on a cruise site. :D

I loved the Boston Museum of Art. I spent a whole afternoon there till it closed. Got all kinds of goodies for her classroom too.

Not to get off track, but we visit Boston frequently (son went there for grad school, and stayed), and also love the MFA. However, my favorite is the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. The building alone is worth the price of admission. It is like a visit to a Venetian Palazzo, without the dreaded transatlantic flight!

Not to get off track, but we visit Boston frequently (son went there for grad school, and stayed), and also love the MFA. However, my favorite is the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. The building alone is worth the price of admission. It is like a visit to a Venetian Palazzo, without the dreaded transatlantic flight!

LOL. I was just going to suggest the Gardner to Azulann, which has a special place in my heart because my daughter volunteers there and it where her husband proposed to her--very romantic!

Lackcreativity, if you haven't already seen it, may I suggest the Peabody-Essex Museum in Salem. It has a very strange collect because it was started by the shipping magnates of Salem, who sailed the globe and brought back all sorts of interesting artifacts from around the world--like their collection of Chinese export ceramics and their collections of scrimshaw and other ship related type things.

LOL. I was just going to suggest the Gardner to Azulann, which has a special place in my heart because my daughter volunteers there and it where her husband proposed to her--very romantic!

Lackcreativity, if you haven't already seen it, may I suggest the Peabody-Essex Museum in Salem. It has a very strange collect because it was started by the shipping magnates of Salem, who sailed the globe and brought back all sorts of interesting artifacts from around the world--like their collection of Chinese export ceramics and their collections of scrimshaw and other ship related type things.

Peregrina,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely file that away, as I am partial to Chinese ceramics.