Palms Court Gardens or Reggae Beach Bar? Any input

CruzanKris

My husband and I are going back to St. Kitts in November. Trying to decide on a good beach day with chairs and services available. I'm looking at both Palms Court or Reggae Beach Bar Our last visit to st. Kitts we did a Catamaran Sail to Nevis and lunch. This trip we are looking for a good day on the beach, clean facilities, drinks, chairs and umbrellas. Any suggestions?? Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Palms Court is not on or near a beach. It is basically a house with a restaurant on a hill overlooking the bay. It has a great view and an infinity pool that is reported as sometimes warm, but there is no beach.

For beaches you basically have three options: Frigate Bay, South Friars, or Cockleshell (home of Reggae Beach Bar). All three have places to eat and to rent chairs/umbrellas, although some are considered rather rustic. Also the amount of sand between the chairs and the water is limited - especially at South Friars Beach

Palms Court is not on or near a beach. It is basically a house with a restaurant on a hill overlooking the bay. It has a great view and an infinity pool that is reported as sometimes warm, but there is no beach.

For beaches you basically have three options: Frigate Bay, South Friars, or Cockleshell (home of Reggae Beach Bar). All three have places to eat and to rent chairs/umbrellas, although some are considered rather rustic. Also the amount of sand between the chairs and the water is limited - especially at South Friars Beach

Good to know! Thank you for clearing that up. I’m not really into rustic and I’ve heard some beaches have a rocky entrance or steep drop off. Of those three beaches you named which is our best option??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

'Best' is a relative term, but IMO based on what you are looking for (clean facilities, drinks, chairs/umbrellas, not rustic), I would say either Carambola Beach Club at South Friars or Spice Mill at Cockleshell. Carambola is closer to the port and is a little more posh. Spice Mill has better sand and is less rocky.

Reggae Beach Bar is where I would go if I were to spend a day at the beach, but to me it is rustic. However, others may not feel that way.

All three of these places have posts dedicated to them that will give you a lot of information. A simple search should give you what you need. Best of luck and Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
Like you, we've taken the cat sail to Nevis several times, the train thing, etc. so wanted to do something different.

Palms Court Gardens worked out well. No beach access but all of the other bells & whistles.

http://www.palmscourtgardens.com

We are looking at Palms Court Gardens for our December Gem cruise. Did you buy a day pass in advance or when arrived at the place? Is it easy to get a taxi back to the ship? Any details would be appreciated.

We are looking at Palms Court Gardens for our December Gem cruise. Did you buy a day pass in advance or when arrived at the place? Is it easy to get a taxi back to the ship? Any details would be appreciated.[/quote

Day pass booked but no payment in advance.

When we dock in town we easily walk there and back ( we are seniors) but last time we unexpectedly docked at commercial port.

Palm Gardens called for taxi for us and it arrived within 10-15 mins. Another group had asked for their taxi to return but it had not shown up so they shared our taxi van back.

We are looking at Palms Court Gardens for our December Gem cruise. Did you buy a day pass in advance or when arrived at the place? Is it easy to get a taxi back to the ship? Any details would be appreciated.[/quote

Day pass booked but no payment in advance.

When we dock in town we easily walk there and back ( we are seniors) but last time we unexpectedly docked at commercial port.

Palm Gardens called for taxi for us and it arrived within 10-15 mins. Another group had asked for their taxi to return but it had not shown up so they shared our taxi van back.

Thank you so much! Just made a reservation,