smoked salmon in the Windjammer

the kids

It's not called the Windjammer on NCL, but I think everyone understands what you mean (the buffet).

And yes, the smoked salmon on the breakfast buffet has changed in the last couple of months, from slices of smoked salmon to smoked salmon mousse. I don't know if this is a fleetwide change, but it has been reported for several ships. We saw it ourselves on the Jade (I didn't try the mousse, who knows, maybe it's delicious).

You can still get real smoked salmon (i.e. slices) on a bagel if you have breakfast in the dining room.

It's not called the Windjammer on NCL, but I think everyone understands what you mean (the buffet).

And yes, the smoked salmon on the breakfast buffet has changed in the last couple of months, from slices of smoked salmon to smoked salmon mousse. I don't know if this is a fleetwide change, but it has been reported for several ships. We saw it ourselves on the Jade (I didn't try the mousse, who knows, maybe it's delicious).

You can still get real smoked salmon (i.e. slices) on a bagel if you have breakfast in the dining room.

On the dawn it was at the suite breakfast and not in the buffet.

Not sure whether it was in the main dining room

It's actually kind of funny/ironic -the salmon bagel in the mdr has so much salmon (almost too much ) and a tiny little stingy bit of cream cheese.

You would have thought the bean counters would have made it go the other way.

Still great, and actually a reason why I had breakfast in the mdr more often than normal .

Blech - that's too bad. Also, the MDR breakfast consists of 1 slice of lox on a half of a lender's bagel. Not too goo at all.

It's actually kind of funny/ironic -the salmon bagel in the mdr has so much salmon (almost too much ) and a tiny little stingy bit of cream cheese.

You would have thought the bean counters would have made it go the other way.

Still great, and actually a reason why I had breakfast in the mdr more often than normal .

Which ship?? We actually walked out of the MDR on the Escape. Sat there for almost an hour waiting for our breakfast. When they put a half of a small bagel with one slice of lox in front of me, we walked out. Maybe it was just a fluke and not the norm?! Would be great if that's the case!

Which ship?? We actually walked out of the MDR on the Escape. Sat there for almost an hour waiting for our breakfast. When they put a half of a small bagel with one slice of lox in front of me, we walked out. Maybe it was just a fluke and not the norm?! Would be great if that's the case!

This was on the breakaway (I guess it makes sense ymmv by ship). Had it 3 times and it was very similar each time .

Did not count but maybe it was 4-5 slices ? Definitely much more than I've ever made myself or received from a restaurant on land . I guess it's also possible they had a bunch that was going to expire soon and were attempting to use it up .

You can still get it at the buffet. Just ask the worker who is near the salmon mousse. They have it behind the counter line.
Good to know. I wonder what other secret foods they have hidden behind the buffet counter? Maybe they've had lobster available upon request this whole time! :p

Sailing for the first time on NCL,Epic,\

Can anyone advise if smoked salmon is on the breakfast buffet.

Have heard it was discontinued.

Thanks

The Kids

was on the Epic a few weeks ago: It was on the buffet, but the salmon was more a spread; almost like canned salmon smashed. The rest was available, cream cheese, onions, capers, tomatoes, etc. I was very disappointed, but they have them in the MDR. One thing they did have on the buffet I loved, 3 kinds of eggs benedict including a spinach one.

I wonder if they will give you both halves of the bagel if you ask for it. One half of a tiny lender's bagel is not enough.

Does the smoked salmon mousse taste good?

At the buffet you make your own bagels in the toasters. You can have as many halves as you'd like.

Lox and bagels w/cream cheese are one of my favorite things, but I hardly ever eat them on the ship. I require capers, and lots of them, and the ship always used the most horrific gigantic capers instead of the better quality nonpareil capers. That's a deal breaker for me, so I stick to omelets. (I'm a caper snob. I use them in everything!) So I won't miss the smoked salmon.

was on the Epic a few weeks ago: It was on the buffet, but the salmon was more a spread; almost like canned salmon smashed. The rest was available, cream cheese, onions, capers, tomatoes, etc. I was very disappointed, but they have them in the MDR. One thing they did have on the buffet I loved, 3 kinds of eggs benedict including a spinach one.

I also love their different kinds of eggs benedict. They are all very good.

Blech - that's too bad. Also, the MDR breakfast consists of 1 slice of lox on a half of a lender's bagel. Not too goo at all.

You can always ask for more; we did. They are more than willing to give you an entire bagel and extra salmon. 'the menu makes it very clear it is just 1/2 bagel; I don't have any idea what brand bagels they use and neither do you?

I wonder if they will give you both halves of the bagel if you ask for it. One half of a tiny lender's bagel is not enough.

Does the smoked salmon mousse taste good?

It is fine,, just a shock that is all. No it isn't as good as real lox, but I often do the same at home on Sunday mornings.