How are refunded excusions and port fees handled? And Jade rant...can't help myself

HokiePoq

Now that the Jade has totally dumped our original itinerary and has one less port, will overcharges be refunded to our credit cards or as OBC? We are in the position of having to book all new excursions and I'm hoping the answer is a refund to our credit cards.

I am not concerned that they won't be refunded, but am not eager to double charge a credit card.

I never got the promised email but the updated itinerary is now on myncl page.

I know changes were necessary but I am very unhappy with what we got as we've been to ports before and would NEVER have spent the $$$ on this itinerary. Have followed threads about the Sun and Dawn's new itineraries and would love to be on one of those as they are very much like the one we booked on the Jade. Our two remaining ports were scratched (and on the other ship's schedules now). Jamaica and Cayman Islands were added which made for one less port than we had to start out after ABC Islands added. For those who have not been to ABC, this is okay, but we are paying for something we have already done....twice. Will not be booking way in advance again in the Caribbean. No recourse after final payment.

Will appreciate any info on the credit card refund, thanks in advance. Yes, we will make the best of it, but NO just being on the ship is not enough. We travel for itinerary, not sea days and ship activities although we enjoy them. That's just not a good use of time and money for us while it might be for others.

My refund for shore excursions for our Dec 30 Epic Cruise is showing as a credit on my myNCL account. I’m guessing it’ll go away as I purchase new excursions, but for now it’s annoying because the system is saying I have a balance due even though it’s a credit.

My refund for shore excursions for our Dec 30 Epic Cruise is showing as a credit on my myNCL account. I’m guessing it’ll go away as I purchase new excursions, but for now it’s annoying because the system is saying I have a balance due even though it’s a credit.

Thanks. One more question: Where did you find it on myncl? I'm not seeing it but probably not looking in the right place. When HAL had an excursion canceled before we sailed in February, it came immediately back on our credit card. I was thinking of booking no shore excursions before I got onboard, if then, but holding your $$ in this way kind of encourages booking, I'm thinking. Guess that was the idea. Not seeing any excursions to book but will check that again, too.

Thanks. One more question: Where did you find it on myncl? I'm not seeing it but probably not looking in the right place. When HAL had an excursion canceled before we sailed in February, it came immediately back on our credit card. I was thinking of booking no shore excursions before I got onboard, if then, but holding your $$ in this way kind of encourages booking, I'm thinking. Guess that was the idea. Not seeing any excursions to book but will check that again, too.

Some of the people on our Dawn cruise reported seeing a credit on their vacation summary page. The credit will most likely sit there a few days while a refund is processed. it should go back to the card the excursion was purchased with.

"Will not be booking way in advance again in the Caribbean."

Totally depends on time of the year, choosing to sail during hurricane season NO. It's always risky!

Beerman,

Your comment is not fair...We have had our itinerary changed just like the OP for our cruise in February. So, your comment about hurricane season is not applicable.

Beerman,

Your comment is not fair...We have had our itinerary changed just like the OP for our cruise in February. So, your comment about hurricane season is not applicable.

However there is a more likely chance because of it being hurricane season.

I've had 3 sailings affected by hurricanes, so yes I do know the risks involved.

This has been such an abnormal year with hurricane's , I'm guessing it's not something the cruiselines could/would/are prepared for.

They are spending countless hours on thousands and thousands of guest and trying to secure ports. Pax are dealing only with themselves. Is it frustrating absolutely and I'm not politically correct, there are much bigger issue in today's society.

Some things (e-mails, notifications) are likely to be missed and or mixed up.

"Will not be booking way in advance again in the Caribbean."

Totally depends on time of the year, choosing to sail during hurricane season NO. It's always risky!

I believe these changes affect people who are sailing after the first of the year as well. We never book during August-October and rarely leave before Dec. 1...Nov. 27 this time. Changes due to hurricane damage, not sailing during the hurricane season.

However there is a more likely chance because of it being hurricane season.

I've had 3 sailings affected by hurricanes, so yes I do know the risks involved.

This has been such an abnormal year with hurricane's , I'm guessing it's not something the cruiselines could/would/are prepared for.

They are spending countless hours on thousands and thousands of guest and trying to secure ports. Pax are dealing only with themselves. Is it frustrating absolutely and I'm not politically correct, there are much bigger issue in today's society.

Some things (e-mails, notifications) are likely to be missed and or mixed up.

Yes, they have. My point was not that changes had to be made nor that I sailed in hurricane season which I didn't. My question was about how $$ is refunded....and my rant about our entire itinerary being changed, not tweaked like the Sun and the Dawn which would have been fine with me.

Some of the people on our Dawn cruise reported seeing a credit on their vacation summary page. The credit will most likely sit there a few days while a refund is processed. it should go back to the card the excursion was purchased with.

Thanks...maybe that's why I'm not seeing it yet. The summary just changed to the new one. Although folks had figured it out, I held out hope until it was on the page officially.

We have had our itinerary changed on Hawaii cruises everal times, but have always had a great time. Stuff happens :(

Did they send you to Alaska instead? That would be comparable to our cruise. Our Hawaii itinerary had a change of one port. We still went to Hawaii. Ships miss ports all the time and that has happened to us several times on several different lines. However, we've not been given an entirely new itinerary before....not when we paid thousands for another cruise and can't cancel.