Number of Alaska cruises taken?

Cobber76

How many Alaska cruises have you taken?

We are considering taking our second Alaskan cruise within a two-year period. Is this too soon?!? Is there anything you regretted doing or NOT doing during your Alaska trip?

We are considering taking our second Alaskan cruise within a two-year period. Is this too soon?!? Is there anything you regretted doing or NOT doing during your Alaska trip?

We’ve done two and the last was a land and Sea, our only regret was not spending more time in Denali!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've done three Alaskan cruises. Two were round-trip from Seattle. The other was preceded by five nights starting in Fairbanks on a cruise tour. We had a fourth cruise booked last year that unfortunately I had to cancel.

We've done 6 cruises to Alaska. Our next one will include a week on land ( cruise up, spend a week sightseeing then cruise back to Vancouver).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Three so far, two next year.

Round trip San Francisco (Dawn Princess), Whittier to Vancouver (Crown Princess), and round trip Vancouver (Crown Princess).

Coming up:

Round trip Los Angeles (Emerald Princess), and round trip Seattle (also Emerald).

I think I"m out of new itineraries.

Five. My very first cruise was a Voyage of the Glaciers, Vancouver to Seward (Sun Princess). Then, I did a couple of back-to-backs: Vancouver - Whittier - Vancouver (Diamond & Sapphire Princesses). BTB is the way to go! If the weather is bad one week, it's likely to be good the other.

Regrets...just one. A few years ago we hiked into the Mendenhall ice caves using a local tour company. It was on our fourteenth Alaskan cruise. I remember being mad that we hadn't done this sort of stuff before. We have a b/b again this year and have two more short (getting older) hikes planned. So regrets...don't wait until 14 or even 3, Go, Go again and do something out of the box...

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

Eight cruises so far, but only one of those was out of Seattle, since we realized we loved the beauty of the inside passage out of/into Vancouver. Have a B2B booked for May 2018. There is always so much to enjoy on an Alaska cruise!

NeverBeenThere: Check out Island Wings for your Misty Fjords plane trip.

Other must do's Take a flight tour out of Skagway across Glacier Bay NP to the Pacific, The Deadliest Catch tour in Ketchicikan is a must.

Been to AK three times one of which was cruise tour, book on a 4th in 18, can't wait.

framer

Two thus far with another scheduled next summer. The first (in 2007) was a cruisetour and our introduction to both Alaska and Princess. We liked both so much we convinced all 3 of my siblings and their spouses to come with us on the second cruise (Vancouver to Whittier in 2012). Two of the couples did a cruisetour. Of the three couples, two just became platinum and the other (still working and not traveling much) has taken a seven day Caribbean cruise on Princess. Next summer we introduce our two kids, their spouses and our granddaughter to the beauty of Alaska and the joys of cruising Princess.

I go pretty much every year, 1st one was in 1995 and I've only missed I believe 3 years since. Total is 26 so far :) It's different every year but I sure would love some new ports.

Friends thought I was crazy when I started repeating but now they have all gone multiple times also

25. No regrets. If your budget allows book a balcony or above. Book a seaplane excursion. :)

Are you taking a cruise only? IMHO I highly recommend booking a

cruisetour.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947