Some more questions about RCI?

Do inside cabins on Explorer of the Seas have a fridge, I need to keep medication cool?

When setting up my onboard account with Aus credit card at question "currency conversion authorisation" I assume I choose NO and ignore it asking me what currency my card is in?

How do I buy myself some OBC?

Thanks for all the info you knowledgeable people impart.

You need to ask RCL to provide you with a fridge for medical purposes and they will do so. The in-room fridges are set to maintain only a slightly chilled temperature and you can't adjust this.

It will almost certainly be cheaper to not have your charges converted to AUD by RCL - they charge quite generously for doing this and your card issue will almost certainly be cheaper.

Before you make a decision on credit card currency, it is important to know how your particular card charges overseas currency conversions. Some cards / banks levy a foreign transaction fee in addition to conversion rates / fees.

Edited by banzaii

To clarify the currency conversion question, if you select the A option the ship will convert your account to Aust dollars and charge you three percent of whatever your onboard account amount may be and use whatever exchange rate applicable at that time. IF you select B your bank will do the conversion and charge whatever rate is applicable to your particular credit card and at whatever the exchange rate is at that time. Ask your credit card provider what they charge for this service and if it is less than three percent select B or if it is more than three percent select A. The majority of guests select the B option if that is any guide.

Keeping medication cool on a cruise is something RCL deal with on a regular basis and a phone call to them pre cruise to arrange this would quickly and easily satisfy your request.

Do inside cabins on Explorer of the Seas have a fridge, I need to keep medication cool?

When setting up my onboard account with Aus credit card at question "currency conversion authorisation" I assume I choose NO and ignore it asking me what currency my card is in?

How do I buy myself some OBC?

Thanks for all the info you knowledgeable people impart.

Yes they have a fridge only just cool enough for insulin we survived ok if you want it a bit cooler just ask your cabin stuard for a bucket of ice

As for the onboard account just say no otherwise you will get hit twice with the currency exchange you will still have to pay for the overseas transaction as it will be billed from Miami

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes they have a fridge only just cool enough for insulin we survived ok if you want it a bit cooler just ask your cabin stuard for a bucket of ice

As for the onboard account just say no otherwise you will get hit twice with the currency exchange you will still have to pay for the overseas transaction as it will be billed from Miami"

Thanks for that, only need to keep my pills cool as thankfully not insulin etc but thyroid medication.

Plus thanks to all the replies re credit card charges, knew that better to allow my bank to convert even with their fees (not enough time from booking to sort fee free card) but the online check in form asks if my card is one of several currencies including AUD which if I answer YES (which it is) will that mean the cruise line does the currency conversion? So then I click NO?

If the question had been do you want: A) us to convert or B) your bank

I would have known which to answer.

Do have some left over USD which will put onto my account thus hopefully reducing what goes onto my card.

• 2 weeks later...

Another question: bought ships excursion for Lautoka (don't normally buy them due to cost) but decided it did what we wanted and it's NYE and paid online. Now see it's almost $100 cheaper. Can I cancel and rebook? Is it easy or not if I've already paid or do I merely accept the situation as just my hard luck?

Yes you can cancel online and rebook you will have to wait for the credit to be refund to your credit card about a week

Do you mean wait for refund before being able to rebook or just rebook shortly after cancelling?