Overnight place to stay in Miami prior to leaving Port?

Hummingbird1964

I am flying in from Maine the day before departure, trying to avoid flight delays due to weather and miss the ship leaving port.

Seeking a place in Miami to stay the night before that will provide service from the airport to the hotel and then also from hotel to the ship on the day of departure.

I have never ever cruised before, matter of fact this is my first real adventure. Please help with suggestions on where to stay. I cannot pay for anything too expensive, single and on a limited budget.

Advise please????

Welcome to the boards! :)

Only hotels near the MIA airport will offer both airport and port shuttles. What time do you arrive? If your flight gets in early enough you have time to explore downtown Miami and some local dining options. Several hotels in the Mary Brickell area (Hampton Inn is very popular with cruisers) and lots of local dining/nightlife options within walking distance. Holiday Inn near the port and Bayside Market is another popular option. Both locations will require a taxi (about $25+ from MIA) or Uber (about $15), and another short ride to get to the port.

Near MIA, in addition to the ES suggested above, look at hotels in the Blue Lagoon area - Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, etc. - with a local strip mall nearby with shopping and dining options. The ES and next door LA Quinta East are VERY isolated - okay if you are arriving late and delivery pizza is what you crave.

Have a great cruise! :cool:

I am flying in from Maine the day before departure, trying to avoid flight delays due to weather and miss the ship leaving port.

Seeking a place in Miami to stay the night before that will provide service from the airport to the hotel and then also from hotel to the ship on the day of departure.

I have never ever cruised before, matter of fact this is my first real adventure. Please help with suggestions on where to stay. I cannot pay for anything too expensive, single and on a limited budget.

Advise please????

Miami is not a cheap place and sometimes, too cheap a hotel can threaten your personal safety.

I would recommend using Hotwire and book somewhere like Coconut Grove or Coral Gables. Two less expensive options in safe neighborhoods.

During season you'll be paying at least $150 per night before taxes and any fees.

If you are open to alternative accommodations, we have always stayed at Betty's Place booked through the Miami Guest House website. You have a private room and bath and share a kitchenette with one other bedroom. We rent a car from Dollar at the Miami airport and return it to the "Cruise port," which consists of dropping it back off at the airport and having their shuttle drop us off at the cruise terminal.