Isle Of Pines, Mare, Lifou Isle - Random Question

***reposting on to this board as I was told you guys are best to help me! ***

Hey guys

I have a super random and weird question!

We are going on the 9 night cruise with Carnival in Jan which goes to Isle Of Pines, Mare, Lifou Isle & Noumea.

I have some anxiety issues and noticed that for the first three when speaking of excursions it states "limited WC".

My question is, if we where to just get off the boat to sit on the beach (we wont really do any of the exploring excursions, just wanting to relax) are their WC facilities where we tender in to/around that beach areas.

Super random, I know, but if anyone who has been to these three places could maybe give me the low down on what to expect around the tender area/beaches that would be fantastic!

Kat

***reposting on to this board as I was told you guys are best to help me! ***

Hey guys

I have a super random and weird question!

We are going on the 9 night cruise with Carnival in Jan which goes to Isle Of Pines, Mare, Lifou Isle & Noumea.

I have some anxiety issues and noticed that for the first three when speaking of excursions it states "limited WC".

My question is, if we where to just get off the boat to sit on the beach (we wont really do any of the exploring excursions, just wanting to relax) are their WC facilities where we tender in to/around that beach areas.

Super random, I know, but if anyone who has been to these three places could maybe give me the low down on what to expect around the tender area/beaches that would be fantastic!

Kat

Hi Kat

I was there in Jan going again this January

There are limited loos on each but they are there

Take tissues n wetones as they are not western style on all islands

And there isn't always loo paper

Don't worry you will be fine

Cheers

Sue

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Kat

On the Isle of Pines there is a toilet block right at the pier and another larger one amongst the trees about 5 minutes walk away to the left near the lovely beach where people were swimming. Both had flush toilets and were clean. I was pleasantly surprised.

There will be toilets at the others but may be a bit primitive. Just ask at the pier when you get off. You will be ok. It is not a weird question with many of us wondering the same thing when we get to a port we haven't been to before.

Enjoy your trip. :cool:

Others have answered the question in relation to Isle of Pines. At Lifou, there are a toilets a few hundred metres from the jetty. Just follow the bitumen road around to your left. The toilets are on the left a little bit after the road curves and slopes upwards. In Noumea there are public toilets in the terminal building - the side of the building closest to the ship.

And for Mare , at Yejele Beach where the shuttle takes you there is a very clean toilet block with flushing toilets. It’s about half way along the strip on the other side of the road to beach between some stalls. Think it has a yellow roof . Was there about a week ago. Not sure if there were any where the markets are where the tender drops you off , sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Following on from Thorpe, yes there are toilets at Mare where you walk up to get the bus. They are in the back building of the group where the stalls are. Walk through the gap in the front buildings and just across the narrow road.

ah ye olde WC facilities on a tropical island question ......

It is an ordeal everyone should experience at least once ............

Particularly on a hot afternoon ...... certainly clears the nasal passages!

I have been to very nice clean and functional toilets and also to 'long drop' - bucket of water type 'bush toilets' while on my travels.

I remember going to a public WC at a market on the Fiji main island (Viti Levu) where a lady sat at a table handing out two sheets of paper for 20 cents. However, if you did not know the system and walked past her, she didn't jump up and follow you in to explain the system .... much to the chagrin of some of the lady's in our group. The place was clean and functional but still can only be described as having that island charm.

My recommendation is to go expecting the worse, that way if you find it better than expected you will be surprised, if not you will be prepared.

I make up a 'toilet pack' before I leave home which includes as a minimum .... a roll of paper, some moist towelettes, hand sanitiser, a small pump bottle of disinfectant cleaner and disposable rubber gloves ... just in case.

I pack it all in a small tote bag that lives in my 'go ashore bag'. Takes up little space and weighs next to nothing.

Dobby the Scout Elf - being prepared!!!

Edited by Dobby_The_Ship_Elf
I has fat Elf fingers