Crown Princess ?

whatcruiseisnext

It is my understanding that she will be getting all new bedding, carpeting, etc, and the buffet area will be reconfigured to the World Fresh Marketplace, the same as they did on the Caribbean Princess....Cafe Caribe will be converted into two venues, Steamers and Planks. I think there are a few other items, but those were the big ones. Also, she will get the new hull design painted on her.

Chris, thanks for the information, we are on Crown April 28 after Dry Dock. I had the same question, where do you find this information?

Ted

I remember reading somewhere what each ship was going through in drydock, but cannot remember where. Also, I am friends with one of the crew that is aboard the ship right now and he told me that was the current plan.

Chris, thanks for the information, we are on Crown April 28 after Dry Dock. I had the same question, where do you find this information?

Ted

Google “Princess Cruises future dry docks - refurbishments” [emoji6] I know CC has a page listing all the cruise line future refurbishments / drydocks too on the main web site, somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is my understanding that she will be getting all new bedding, carpeting, etc, and the buffet area will be reconfigured to the World Fresh Marketplace, the same as they did on the Caribbean Princess....Cafe Caribe will be converted into two venues, Steamers and Planks. I think there are a few other items, but those were the big ones. Also, she will get the new hull design painted on her.

One would think that if the plans were to expand Steamers and Planks beyond the one ship it is currently on that there would be some official publicity to that effect by now.

The Caribbean Princess is a different, older version of the Grand-class ships than the Crown. It is quite faulty to assume that any changes made to CB will automatically be made to Crown (beyond those announced fleet-wide such as Sabatini's changing to Sabatini's Trattoria, and the rebranding of the Kids/Teens centers--and finally completing the Luxury Beds). History has shown that CB receives the same updates as Grand/Golden/Star while the Crown/Ruby/Emerald triplets receive their upgrades (such as Salty Dog in the past).

A cruise is what you make of it. We will be on the Crown in January for 16 days and I know we will have a great cruise. The glass is half full:D:D:D

So true, and we are really looking forward to our cruise. Does anyone know if they still have egg crates available for the mattresses just in case we need it?

Sad to hear... I am going on the Crown before dry dock. Surely you must have something positive to say.... I hope!!

We are on the Crown 9-17 December...I'm pretty sure it will meet or exceed all our expectations. Not sure what "Tired" is supposed to imply, but a little worn carpet or bit of rust on the outside sure won't stop us from having an incredible time...hope you are able to do the same!!! Good service, good food, plentiful drinks, and most importantly incredible company are what make a cruise a success! Enjoy!!

We are on the Crown 9-17 December...I'm pretty sure it will meet or exceed all our expectations. Not sure what "Tired" is supposed to imply, but a little worn carpet or bit of rust on the outside sure won't stop us from having an incredible time...hope you are able to do the same!!! Good service, good food, plentiful drinks, and most importantly incredible company are what make a cruise a success! Enjoy!!

We had a dirty stateroom that was supposed to be deep cleaned due to the Gastrointestinal outbreak the cruise before. The bathroom was disgusting. The hairdryer could not be removed from the wall....stuck. They had no others to replace it with. Furniture with lots of gouges. Broken lights hanging down from ceiling. Stains on several chairs in Horizon Court. Several areas of disrepair.

Beds some of the best we ever had on a cruise. We were on Aloha deck. I understand not all beds have been replaced and heard from several about how worn and concave the beds were. Cruise director... Paul Chandler-Burns fabulous.

It wasn’t a bad cruise. I simply stated it needs a dry dock which I understand is coming. 3e72d2eef6685de7d2f67a6d7fd10d47.jpgce969da5e5f94c517e68d41278950247.jpgecad12703aab0c6d5f8949526ec909bf.jpge39c82a154839c2fae8fa898fc55dc25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It isn't great but it' definitely not as bad as you made it out to be! All you had to do is request a second cleaning either to your steward or passenger services.

Because of posts like these, you are putting off a lot of people. This could happen on any ship. I do after that the room should have been cleaned before your arrival, however!

It isn't great but it' definitely not as bad as you made it out to be! All you had to do is request a second cleaning either to your steward or passenger services.

Because of posts like these, you are putting off a lot of people. This could happen on any ship. I do after that the room should have been cleaned before your arrival, however!

GEEEZ.....PLEASE...my original question was asking what was going to be done in drydock. I didn't say I had a bad cruise. I said the ship was in need of a drydock and that is exactly what she is getting. NO ONE should be put off. You will have a great time on the cruise.

I asked a simple question and got a great answer from CRLess. Appreciated it. I will ask for this thread to be closed as it is getting off topic.

I asked a simple question and got a great answer from CRLess. Appreciated it. I will ask for this thread to be closed as it is getting off topic.

I do have an update for you....when we were on the Crown earlier this year, our friend on board told us that it was scheduled to receive the buffet modifications I mentioned earlier. He is back on board currently, so I emailed him last night to verify if what he told me still stands. It now appears that they will not modify the buffet on the Crown. It will now only be all of the soft furnishings, bedding and hull art at this point.

I do have an update for you....when we were on the Crown earlier this year, our friend on board told us that it was scheduled to receive the buffet modifications I mentioned earlier. He is back on board currently, so I emailed him last night to verify if what he told me still stands. It now appears that they will not modify the buffet on the Crown. It will now only be all of the soft furnishings, bedding and hull art at this point.

Thanks for the update. What exactly is soft furnishings?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're on the current cruise and will be on tomorrow's cruise. The OP must be traveling different areas of the ship than we are because I wouldn't describe the ship as tired and needing lots of TLC.

Can you ask your room steward for me if they have the new mattresses on Dolphin deck in the aft suites, D737 specifically. Thanks.

We just finished our cruise on the Crown Princess. We were on the Baja deck and the mattress, bedding need replaced for sure, carpets were fine throughout the ship and thought she looked good. Really enjoyed the food selections in the Horizon Court and dining room entrees but some nights dinner service was very slow...2 hours or longer. We did not care for The change in the Wheelhouse Bar with The white tables at all. Takes The ambiance away serving food, etc. But just my opinion. The crew is outstanding on this ship and we are returning for a 8 day in Dec.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app